1 blocks = sizes?

#1lkhlkhPosted 6/26/2013 12:23:02 AM
got 8 GB SD card but 60k blocks? how does it count?
#2BuretsuPosted 6/26/2013 12:24:44 AM
Each block is 128k. 8,192 Blocks equal 1 Gigabyte.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3MegaMettaurPosted 6/26/2013 12:30:58 AM
I still don't understand why they're still measuring space by "blocks"
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#4lkhlkh(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 12:37:30 AM
MegaMettaur posted...

Nintendo seems to remind me about the retro PS1 saving card..
#5gamester_12345Posted 6/26/2013 2:47:26 AM
Maybe Nintendo just wants to appear sorta more casual towards people who might not know anything bout computers...still though, when information about storage size = block size anywhere, surely it's going to be confusing, sorta doubt they did blocks just to encourage sales of storage cards.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#6brStalkerPosted 6/26/2013 5:07:06 AM
MegaMettaur posted...

Because, on practice, a 'block' is the actual lesser storage unit. Their size vary depending on the device, and there are a couple ways of getting around that, but I can understand why they choose to display this way. It's no different than displaying the other way (in Bytes).
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#7PokeMasterPosted 6/26/2013 6:57:46 AM
Because storage manufacturers tell you 1TB = 1000GB
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#8brStalkerPosted 6/26/2013 7:31:38 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Because storage manufacturers tell you 1TB = 1000GB

Actually, that is the correct definition according to the IS, even if we use it as a synonym to the binary term.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#9PokeMasterPosted 6/26/2013 8:28:47 AM
i was hoping no one else would pick up on that.
damn internet.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#10AkoaysiGODPosted 6/26/2013 1:34:51 PM
gamester_12345 posted...
Maybe Nintendo just wants to appear sorta more casual towards people who might not know anything bout computers...still though, when information about storage size = block size anywhere, surely it's going to be confusing, sorta doubt they did blocks just to encourage sales of storage cards.

Which is funny because if you didn't know anything about computers it wouldn't matter they could have made 1 block = 1 kb or 1 mb. The only people they've managed to confuse are people who claim to know how to use a computer and can't do simple math to figure out how large a block is or not realize that their HDD is also partitioned into blocks, albeit generally much smaller than 128kb.

It's irrelevant anyway it doesn't matter how many blocks are in a GB. This is one of the reasons why Americans can't do metric, waste too much time trying to convert instead of thinking.
---
It may cost your life but that was free.