Atlus' parent company Index files for bankruptcy

#21ferofaxPosted 6/27/2013 5:21:10 AM
Roksu posted...
Raven236 posted...
Which of the Big 3 are going to buy Atlus?

Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft?

In terms of likeliest:
Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft.

Nintendo due to FExSMT and some upcoming 3DS games. Not to mention the support they gave to the 3DS.

Sony due to Persona.

MS due to lack of JRPGs and Japanese-centric games.

I wonder what the Sony fanboys would feel... if Nintendo up and grabbed Atlus and all of its IPs, including Persona.

*giggle*
---
Boomerang Evangelist
#22Raven236Posted 6/27/2013 5:21:28 AM
rupok93 posted...
I really hope if someone buys them its not the big 3 because I don't want atlus games to be exclusive to platforms. If anyone buys Atlus I hope its square enix.

*Cough*FFXIII 2*CougH*
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#23jovewolfPosted 6/27/2013 5:22:06 AM
rupok93 posted...
I really hope if someone buys them its not the big 3 because I don't want atlus games to be exclusive to platforms. If anyone buys Atlus I hope its square enix.

I don't think that'd be a great idea.

Maybe Marvelous? They already have a partnership for Atlus Online in the US now.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#24aak57Posted 6/27/2013 5:23:45 AM
rupok93 posted...

My gut reaction at Squeenix is bleh, but realistically they have been a good publisher. Better than Nintendo getting Atlus and not letting them localize 3rd party super niche games like Code of Princess (since they wouldn't be worth the effort financially), nor letting them give first-print bonuses with every game.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#25ServantOfErieosPosted 6/27/2013 5:26:31 AM
ferofax posted...
Roksu posted...
Raven236 posted...

In terms of likeliest:
Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft.

Nintendo due to FExSMT and some upcoming 3DS games. Not to mention the support they gave to the 3DS.

Sony due to Persona.

I wonder what the Sony fanboys would feel... if Nintendo up and grabbed Atlus and all of its IPs, including Persona.

*giggle*

Hmm... Delicious region lock.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#26kukingina2Posted 6/27/2013 5:31:13 AM
with SMT x FE project going on with nintendo and sony wanting to make future projects with demons souls.

this is gonna get ugly
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#27jovewolfPosted 6/27/2013 5:31:45 AM
aak57 posted...
rupok93 posted...

My gut reaction at Squeenix is bleh, but realistically they have been a good publisher. Better than Nintendo getting Atlus and not letting them localize 3rd party super niche games like Code of Princess (since they wouldn't be worth the effort financially), nor letting them give first-print bonuses with every game.

Uh... except that all of SE's non-Final Fantasy stuff has been published by Nintendo for the last 5 years because SE hasn't through it was financially viable to do so, so I think Nintendo would be preferable if that's your concern.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#28aak57Posted 6/27/2013 5:32:20 AM
kukingina2 posted...
with SMT x FE project going on with nintendo and sony wanting to make future projects with demons souls.

this is gonna get ugly

I think you're a bit confused. Atlus had essentially nothing to do with Demon's Souls. They simply published the game in NA. From Software and Japan Studios made the game, Sony published it in JP and Namco in EU.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#29RoksuPosted 6/27/2013 5:32:22 AM
aak57 posted...
rupok93 posted...

Lmao, sure, I can see Square Eidos buying them just to kill off their presence in the west. Just like they did with Enix.

Then it would be sad that they will still have to ask Nintendo to publish their titles in the west, lol.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#30HermeticJusticePosted 6/27/2013 5:33:03 AM
ferofax posted...
Roksu posted...
Raven236 posted...

In terms of likeliest:
Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft.

Sony due to Persona.

*giggle*

and Raidou Kuzunoha and Digital Devil Sega and...., heck all everyone cares about is Persona
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board