Regarding 3DS System Transfer

#21beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 1:43:37 PM
Playsaver posted...
mezzobeat posted...
everything on the new system is deleted. if you bought DLC on the new system PRIOR to the transfer then you're gonna have to rebuy it. sorry man

but yeah, you could try calling nintendo

Not quite true. any app that was on the new system you can redownload. Dlc is often bought through the game so you would have to redownload it from in the game rather then from the e-shop directly directly. If you did the transfer correctly then that dlc should be redownloadable for free. (on the system you transfered to.)

Well, I did do the transfer correctly, but I can't access the two DLC items I purchased through the game on the 3DS XL prior to the transfer, though I have access to the items that were on the source 3DS. It's acting as though I never purchased the content in the first place.

Anyway, seems like I won't be getting a resolution any time soon. To those who tried to be helpful, I thank you for trying.
---
I gave up and did the 3DS transfer anyway...
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#22TinyTim123Posted 6/27/2013 1:56:16 PM
From the game, go and try to purchase it again, and see if it allows you to just redownload it without adding funds.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#23beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 2:11:51 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
From the game, go and try to purchase it again, and see if it allows you to just redownload it without adding funds.

The game is acting as though I never purchased the content on the 3DS XL in the first place. The game shows the price of the content and when I go to download it, I get a message saying I have insufficient funds.

It should not be displaying the price, and should be saying "purchased" in the content badge on the bottom screen, with a button to redownload beside that notification.

I don't have this problem with the content from the same game that was on the 3DS prior to the transfer.
---
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#24TinyTim123Posted 6/27/2013 2:17:54 PM
beebarb posted...
TinyTim123 posted...

The game is acting as though I never purchased the content on the 3DS XL in the first place. The game shows the price of the content and when I go to download it, I get a message saying I have insufficient funds.

It should not be displaying the price, and should be saying "purchased" in the content badge on the bottom screen, with a button to redownload beside that notification.

I don't have this problem with the content from the same game that was on the 3DS prior to the transfer.

That does indeed sound pesky. Have you called or at least shot Nintendo an email about this? I know it's only a couple of bucks, but it's still a couple of bucks you shouldn't be obligated to spend again needlessly.
---
#25beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 2:54:15 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
That does indeed sound pesky. Have you called or at least shot Nintendo an email about this? I know it's only a couple of bucks, but it's still a couple of bucks you shouldn't be obligated to spend again needlessly.

I suppose I could try, but I can guess what will happen. Regardless of which method I use, I will get a cookie-cutter response, probably something irrelevant and unhelpful.

Never really had much luck with support lines. Worst one was when I had to call Microsoft to activate Windows 8 in a Virtual Machine after automatic attempts failed.
---
#26TinyTim123Posted 6/27/2013 3:48:26 PM
beebarb posted...
TinyTim123 posted...

I suppose I could try, but I can guess what will happen. Regardless of which method I use, I will get a cookie-cutter response, probably something irrelevant and unhelpful.

Never really had much luck with support lines. Worst one was when I had to call Microsoft to activate Windows 8 in a Virtual Machine after automatic attempts failed.

Idle curiosity, are you located in the US? I understand the customer service in the USA for Nintendo tends to be better than that of, say the UK.
From what it sounds, they might just credit your eShop account over something like this. Just email them, though, politely explaining the situation. It'll take all of a few minutes to compose a mail and worse case, you get a form letter that says "Too bad, sucka!" but you won't know unless you try. Good luck!
---
#27beebarb(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 3:59:58 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
beebarb posted...
TinyTim123 posted...

Idle curiosity, are you located in the US? I understand the customer service in the USA for Nintendo tends to be better than that of, say the UK.

Actually, I'm in Australia, and customer support here is hit and miss, unfortunately. Though there is the occasional good service, usually there is either someone intent on giving an unhelpful runaround, or someone with a incomprehensibly heavy accent.
---
#28TinyTim123Posted 6/27/2013 4:05:19 PM
beebarb posted...
Actually, I'm in Australia, and customer support here is hit and miss, unfortunately. Though there is the occasional good service, usually there is either someone intent on giving an unhelpful runaround, or someone with a incomprehensibly heavy accent.

Ahh, the case of the incomprehensible accent... I've dealt with that from Microsoft. =\
It's why I hate be sent to a call center in Calcutta or Mumbai or Bombay.
It's worse when they can't even understand what you are saying. "No, Highway One-eleven!"
"Yes, yes, highway Eleven."
"No highway One hundred and eleven!"
"Yes yes, highway eleven..."
Anyone from any of the Asian countries, (excepting India and Pakistan), or natively Spanish speaking people the phone is handed to me. Anyone from the middle east,the UK, or the deep south here in the US, my brother gets the phone.

Perhaps email will be your friend in this case.
---