Update on the situation with Atlus' future.

#11Hercik1Posted 6/27/2013 12:40:47 PM
yankee6903 posted...
temgun posted...
McMarbles posted...
temgun posted...
I actually would be pretty okay if Nintendo bought them. SMT games on WiiU yes please, a real reason to finally get it.

But we'd all drown in Sony fanboy tears, Would it be worth it?

So what Atlus games have been on the PS3? Catherine and Persona 4 Arena? Sure, Atlus pumped out some really good JRPGs on the PS2, but that was then, now they haven't really done anything for Sony.

Lol you serious bro?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/10608.html?platform=0&year=0&region=0&devpub=0

PS3+Vita has 3x WiiU+ 3DS

Wii had some but PS3 the most by far

Lol you serious bro?
Learn the difference between published and developed.
#12SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/27/2013 12:42:14 PM
yankee6903 posted...
temgun posted...
McMarbles posted...
temgun posted...
I actually would be pretty okay if Nintendo bought them. SMT games on WiiU yes please, a real reason to finally get it.

So what Atlus games have been on the PS3? Catherine and Persona 4 Arena? Sure, Atlus pumped out some really good JRPGs on the PS2, but that was then, now they haven't really done anything for Sony.

Lol you serious bro?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/10608.html?platform=0&year=0&region=0&devpub=0

That's such a bizarre combination to compare.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#13temgunPosted 6/27/2013 12:54:24 PM
Roksu posted...
temgun posted...

*coughs*Persona4Golden*coughs*

I was talking about the PS3 in case you didn't notice. Besides, a port of PS2 game with some small extras is now being loyal to Sony? There hasn't been anything else from Atlus.

yankee6903 posted...
temgun posted...

Lol you serious bro?

By Atlus games I meant games actually made by Atlus. Sure, Atlus published some games, but they are multiplatforms anyway. Some other publisher would have picked up something like Trine 2 anyway and the original Trine wasn't even published by Atlus. Frozenbyte selfpublished both games on Steam. Hell, even Catherine is a multiplatform.
#14yankee6903Posted 6/27/2013 12:55:38 PM
temgun posted...
Roksu posted...
temgun posted...

I was talking about the PS3 in case you didn't notice. Besides, a port of PS2 game with some small extras is now being loyal to Sony? There hasn't been anything else from Atlus.

yankee6903 posted...
temgun posted...

Lol you serious bro?

By Atlus games I meant games actually made by Atlus. Sure, Atlus published some games, but they are multiplatforms anyway. Some other publisher would have picked up something like Trine 2 anyway and the original Trine wasn't even published by Atlus. Frozenbyte selfpublished both games on Steam. Hell, even Catherine is a multiplatform.

Fair enough. There will be some fallout from not publishing though. Not so much on the 3ds, but on the VIta for sure.
#15Emerald_MeliosPosted 6/29/2013 5:08:06 AM
McMarbles posted...
temgun posted...

It'll happen anyways when Persona 5 is announced in a Nintendo Direct.
#16DeathSnipe777Posted 6/29/2013 5:16:14 AM
Still waiting for that Persona 3DS game to get formally announced. I'm hoping it happens at TGS or something. By then, all of Atlus' known 3DS projects will (hopefully) have been released in Japan (SMT4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold already are, still waiting on a release date for DeSu2: Break Record).
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#17RoksuPosted 6/29/2013 5:23:06 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Still waiting for that Persona 3DS game to get formally announced. I'm hoping it happens at TGS or something. By then, all of Atlus' known 3DS projects will (hopefully) have been released in Japan (SMT4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold already are, still waiting on a release date for DeSu2: Break Record).

Atlus isn't going to the TGS. DS2:BR prolly are on hold until everything is resolved.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#18thisranksPosted 7/2/2013 8:57:03 PM
Roksu posted...
temgun posted...
McMarbles posted...
temgun posted...

Did you seriously expect a competent response from one of the regionally challenged? Their delusions, ignorance, and stupidity is mind blowing to say the least.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#19oomomowPosted 7/3/2013 12:12:23 AM
Roksu posted...
McMarbles posted...
temgun posted...

Bayonetta betrayalton v2, Atlus Edition. Let's go!

"They steal our games!"

">insert various I'm going to kill myself rant here<"

"Not happy Bayonetta 2 has become a Wii U exclusive. **** you Nintendo!"

"I WANT TO KICK A DOLPHIN IN ITS ****** SO HARD I'M SO ANGRY AT VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

All that because of Bayonetta 2. Could you imagine the meltdowns if Persona 5 becomes Wii u exclusive?

esoteric42 posted...
It's just a corporate restructuring.

Atlus isn't going anywhere.

Maybe you should read the news again.

Was the Dolphin thing a reference to the Gamecube or am I just crazy?
---
V
#20CaptainLukaPosted 7/3/2013 12:25:52 AM
I'm really glad I don't work with Atlus anymore. Even though I had a very minor position, I wouldn't want to be a part of this entire cluster****. It's a very sad situation and I hope they pull through. They make great games.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos
Currently playing: Dark Souls, Project X Zone, Asura's Wrath