What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?

#1DetroitDJ(Moderator)Posted 6/27/2013 12:41:23 PM
It's decently common knowledge that I haven't been satisfied with anything I've played on the 3DS. I'm going to a conference in a couple weeks, though, so I figured that's a good time to give the old boy a second chance. What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?

For reference, I've played:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis Open
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Oregon Trail
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Theatrhythm

I've played Animal Crossing games in the past, but they just don't appeal to me. I also try not to play sequels without playing the earlier games in a franchise, but I make exceptions for big franchises sometimes. Ideally, I'd also like something that would keep me occupied for the whole week I'm gone, although I imagine I'll have limited time to actually play so that's not a tough requirement.
---
www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more.
Latest: Review: The Last of Us
#2SMASHKING84Posted 6/27/2013 1:06:24 PM
If you can't find one game amoung those games you like then i highly doubt you'd like any game we suggest
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/5ol3.jpg Nintendo teir list http://tinyurl.com/AizenGambit
#3DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 6/27/2013 1:19:53 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
If you can't find one game amoung those games you like then i highly doubt you'd like any game we suggest

Eh, I've only played 2 of the top 10 according to GameRankings/Metacritic, 4 of the top 20. There's options, I'm sure.
---
#4kalvadorPosted 6/27/2013 1:24:04 PM
You have to try fire emblem awakening, you won't regret it!
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus
#5DetroitDJ(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 6/27/2013 1:26:13 PM(edited)
kalvador posted...
You have to try fire emblem awakening, you won't regret it!

I was thinking of that one. I've only tried one Fire Emblem game and I couldn't really get into it, but I can't remember why. I'd have to get over my mental block against playing sequels, though.

Then again, it's the same genre as my all-time favorite game, so hey.
---
#6Dragard_KaosPosted 6/27/2013 1:26:45 PM(edited)
Depends on what you like.

Etrian Odyssey IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Fire Emblem: Awakening are all really good games. I wouldn't recommend Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance unless you've played the rest of the games first.

EDIT:

DetroitDJ posted...
I'd have to get over my mental block against playing sequels, though.

It's not really a sequel. It has some references to characters in previous games, but the storyline isn't directly connected to any other.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
#7SagadegoPosted 6/27/2013 1:25:46 PM
you're that terrible reviewer, go away! stick with your day job, modding gamefaqs. which you guys suck at.
---
Now Playing:
Project X Zone/Soul Hackers/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Muramasa(wii)
#8AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/27/2013 1:26:09 PM
Ah, DDJ! Long time no see. Doubt you remember me, but that doesn't matter:0)

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (technically a sequel but you can play it anyways)
Fire Emblem Awakening
Donkey Kong Country 3D
Project X Zone

Etc.

To each their own though!
---
Now Playing: DKCR3D (9/10), The Last of Us(PS3), AC:New Leaf (9/10), Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/27/2013 1:26:46 PM
Sagadego posted...
you're that terrible reviewer, go away! stick with your day job, modding gamefaqs. which you guys suck at.

DDJ is actually a really nice guy and a good mod:)
---
Now Playing: DKCR3D (9/10), The Last of Us(PS3), AC:New Leaf (9/10), Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
#10NordiniPosted 6/27/2013 1:29:13 PM(edited)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ESPECIALLY if you haven't played an AC game before. I got my 3DS a couple weeks ago with this game, and it's all i've wanted to play everyday

EDIT: Didn't read your last paragraph, but my suggestion still stands.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.