What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?
2 years ago#1
It's decently common knowledge that I haven't been satisfied with anything I've played on the 3DS. I'm going to a conference in a couple weeks, though, so I figured that's a good time to give the old boy a second chance. What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?

For reference, I've played:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis Open
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Oregon Trail
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Theatrhythm

I've played Animal Crossing games in the past, but they just don't appeal to me. I also try not to play sequels without playing the earlier games in a franchise, but I make exceptions for big franchises sometimes. Ideally, I'd also like something that would keep me occupied for the whole week I'm gone, although I imagine I'll have limited time to actually play so that's not a tough requirement.
---
www.DDJGames.com - Game reviews, articles, guides, lists, and more.
Latest: Review: The Last of Us
2 years ago#2
If you can't find one game amoung those games you like then i highly doubt you'd like any game we suggest
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/5ol3.jpg Nintendo teir list http://tinyurl.com/AizenGambit
2 years ago#3
SMASHKING84 posted...
If you can't find one game amoung those games you like then i highly doubt you'd like any game we suggest

Eh, I've only played 2 of the top 10 according to GameRankings/Metacritic, 4 of the top 20. There's options, I'm sure.
---
2 years ago#4
You have to try fire emblem awakening, you won't regret it!
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus
2 years ago#5
kalvador posted...
You have to try fire emblem awakening, you won't regret it!

I was thinking of that one. I've only tried one Fire Emblem game and I couldn't really get into it, but I can't remember why. I'd have to get over my mental block against playing sequels, though.

Then again, it's the same genre as my all-time favorite game, so hey.
---
2 years ago#6
Depends on what you like.

Etrian Odyssey IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Fire Emblem: Awakening are all really good games. I wouldn't recommend Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance unless you've played the rest of the games first.

EDIT:

DetroitDJ posted...
I'd have to get over my mental block against playing sequels, though.

It's not really a sequel. It has some references to characters in previous games, but the storyline isn't directly connected to any other.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
2 years ago#7
you're that terrible reviewer, go away! stick with your day job, modding gamefaqs. which you guys suck at.
---
Now Playing:
Project X Zone/Soul Hackers/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Muramasa(wii)
2 years ago#8
Ah, DDJ! Long time no see. Doubt you remember me, but that doesn't matter:0)

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (technically a sequel but you can play it anyways)
Fire Emblem Awakening
Donkey Kong Country 3D
Project X Zone

Etc.

To each their own though!
---
Now Playing: DKCR3D (9/10), The Last of Us(PS3), AC:New Leaf (9/10), Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
2 years ago#9
Sagadego posted...
you're that terrible reviewer, go away! stick with your day job, modding gamefaqs. which you guys suck at.

DDJ is actually a really nice guy and a good mod:)
---
Now Playing: DKCR3D (9/10), The Last of Us(PS3), AC:New Leaf (9/10), Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
2 years ago#10
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ESPECIALLY if you haven't played an AC game before. I got my 3DS a couple weeks ago with this game, and it's all i've wanted to play everyday

EDIT: Didn't read your last paragraph, but my suggestion still stands.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What one 3DS game should I play to change my mind about the 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived