For a game to be a great game, you must have at least 50+ hours invested in it!

#71trigin12Posted 6/28/2013 1:57:10 PM
Argh4430 posted...
I know what you're getting at, TC. But it's entirely possible to greatly enjoy games without having to play them for 50 hours+. Your topic title clearly states that this should not be possible. It doesn't matter if that's not what you meant, that's how it was portrayed. Of course, you're going to get called on that.

By the way, great troll topic, I haven't been this entertained by one in a long time.

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eZH2m.gif
http://www.mediabeast.net - A podcast worth listening to
#72VirtuKnightPosted 6/28/2013 2:10:45 PM
I've played plenty of terrible games for more than 50 hours. MMO's, man.
---
Dear Mr. Thoughtless, there's things you shouldn't say,
For the judge can hear you and it soon will be the day.
#73PhaseSlaethePosted 6/28/2013 2:16:22 PM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
I invested more than 50 hours in your mother and she STILL isn't great. >.>
#74Ericxc(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:30:16 PM
VirtuKnight posted...
I've played plenty of terrible games for more than 50 hours. MMO's, man.

I don't think the 3DS has MMO's.

Also MMO's are another story.
---
:3
#75servant_saber28Posted 6/28/2013 7:43:12 PM
You have to invest 50+ hours for a game to be great?

JOURNEY says otherwise.
---
"They're grill virgins. But by the time this day is over, they'll have been taken by the grill and tenderly shown the ways of flavorful meat love"
#76vectorman5Posted 6/28/2013 8:19:59 PM
I can beat super mario brothers in ten minutes. Does that mean it's a s------ game?

If you invest more than 50 hours into a game, it's a great game. The logic doesn't work in reverse.
---
Five years ago we were sick of all the Mega Man games. Now we can't get one to finish development.
#77Ericxc(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 8:24:51 PM
vectorman5 posted...
I can beat super mario brothers in ten minutes. Does that mean it's a s------ game?

If you invest more than 50 hours into a game, it's a great game. The logic doesn't work in reverse.

beat and played are 2 completly different things.

I played the hell out of Super Mario Bros 3.

Also, this is talking about current generation of games (3ds to be more specific). Either way, you can start applying this rule to the N64/Ps1 era and I'm sure more than a couple of us will hit the 50+ mark.
---
:3
#78nonexistingheroPosted 6/29/2013 12:18:34 AM
trigin12 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
No, it's his own personal preference. And I agree with him fully on that. No amount of story or immersion can make a 10 hour game with no replay value great, IMO. If the game is true quality, I'll get to the 50 hour mark at some point. If not, then it's not that great in the 1st place.

Also, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are the top two games ever made and both barely hit 20/30 hours. On the other hand, Skyrim and Oblivion are merely ok, yet both easily pass 60 hours.

My point is, a game doesn't need to be needlessly long to be good and not hitting some arbitrary amount of time doesn't make a game not great.

Read my earlier posts.

- 1st playthrough length =/= total gameplay time
- Playing game for 50+ hours =/= great game. Some games are just long and it takes long to do most stuff. Not every game that's 50+ hours is great, but every great game will last me (potentially) 50+ hours.

And I played Metroid Prime at least 50+ hours. Probably won't reach that amount of hours with Super Metroid, but personally I don't think it's that great. I much prefer Fusion (which I've played a lot).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#79PokeMasterPosted 6/29/2013 3:30:25 AM
ceedofevil posted...
JurassicBond posted...
I disagree with the premise of this poll

I agree with this statement.

---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#80serenade_betaPosted 6/29/2013 4:02:51 AM
*starts a game*
*leaves it on the entire day on pause*
All of my games are now great by this topic's definition!
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4