For a game to be a great game, you must have at least 50+ hours invested in it!

#91guedesbrawlPosted 7/6/2013 5:56:26 AM
JurassicBond posted...
I disagree with the premise of this poll

yeah.

Regardless, just Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#92HabefietPosted 7/6/2013 6:19:13 AM(edited)
JurassicBond posted...

^

I've played Journey a dozen times and am still not at 50+ hours--I can guess with reasonable confidence that less than 1% of players have played the game enough to reach 50+ hours; and yet, it's one of the most well-received games of all-time, both by critics and within the general population.

This same principle applies to a lot of short-but-sweet puzzle games from this generation like Portal and Braid.

I've definitely got my fair share of games that I've poured 100+ hours into (I can think of about six or seven off the top of my head, I'm guessing there are a few more that I can't verify because of the lack of a game clock but which I can be basically certain I've spent that much time on), and they're all great, but you needn't have put in 50+ hours for a game to be great.

Length means nothing as long as the price is right, and replayability, while immensely valuable, is not the single defining criterion for great games according to almost anyone, because otherwise most puzzle games wouldn't sell a dozen copies.

EDIT: Just realized the poll itself asked about 3DS games specifically. Good thing I didn't vote :P My 3DS is a very recent acquisition and I haven't had much time to play it, but I fully expect Fire Emblem and Virtue's Last Reward to hit that mark pretty early
#93JadeFlamesPosted 7/6/2013 8:41:22 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
JurassicBond posted...

Yup, ive had 50 hours games i did not enjoy and ive had 10 hours games that i loved.

longevity =/= quality

Yep,kinda like how Portal can be beaten within a few hours, but is better than some +100 hour RPGs
---
---Pwnsome siggy is pwnsome.
#94ItalianIdiotPosted 7/6/2013 2:58:13 PM
JurassicBond posted...