your reaction: nintendo buys Atlus and shows everyone...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. your reaction: nintendo buys Atlus and shows everyone...
2 years ago#21
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I sit there and watch, happy that Atlus gets to keep making games.
2 years ago#22
Roksu posted...
rupok93 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
rupok93 posted...
persona 5 on wii U only will annoy the hell out of me.

What if it is 3DS?

look i love my 3ds but if that happens I will seriously get pissed. 3ds graphics are decent and best, not to mention it will have gameplay limitations because of the hardware, I did not wait this many years to get a game like persona limited by handheld hardware.

Can you give me a few example of gameplay limitations?

It will not be a console quality game I assure you. Just look at super smash bros 3ds vs wii U. Smaller stages, characters have black outlines to allow you to see them better. I cannot think of what new features they intended to put in the game but they will be severely hampered if they decide to make the game on a handheld like 3ds.
2 years ago#23
rupok93 posted...
Roksu posted...
rupok93 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
rupok93 posted...
persona 5 on wii U only will annoy the hell out of me.

What if it is 3DS?

look i love my 3ds but if that happens I will seriously get pissed. 3ds graphics are decent and best, not to mention it will have gameplay limitations because of the hardware, I did not wait this many years to get a game like persona limited by handheld hardware.

Can you give me a few example of gameplay limitations?

It will not be a console quality game I assure you. Just look at super smash bros 3ds vs wii U. Smaller stages, characters have black outlines to allow you to see them better. I cannot think of what new features they intended to put in the game but they will be severely hampered if they decide to make the game on a handheld like 3ds.

Ah, so it's not about the gameplay after all. Never mind me, I thought you are implying Persona 5 might introduce a new gameplay mechanic or gimmick only a console can perform.
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
2 years ago#24
Nintendo has financial problems. They wouldn't waste their money on niche titles.
2 years ago#25
badboy posted...
Nintendo has financial problems. They wouldn't waste their money on niche titles.

What financial problem? They are literally the only company of the big three that has actually stayed in the black for many many years. If you compare the other two's gaming division's to Nintendo, Nintendo crushes them completely.

Anyways, would love it. Atlus has never cared about power. Not once, and since Nintendo also doesn't care about power, we can get great games that don't rely on graphics to sell even more. Since now that Nintendo has more money to use than Atlus does. Which is a good thing.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
2 years ago#26
Roksu posted...
rupok93 posted...

Ah, so it's not about the gameplay after all. Never mind me, I thought you are implying Persona 5 might introduce a new gameplay mechanic or gimmick only a console can perform.

Apparently "HD graphics" is a gameplay feature....
2 years ago#27
rupok93 posted...
I do not want nintendo buying Atlas because they would make their games exclusive to nintendo, while I do like nintendo, persona 5 on wii U only will annoy the hell out of me.

you know those people that dont care about consoles and just want the game, you must not be one of them
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
2 years ago#28
aak57 posted...
Part of the reason I love Atlus is because of their publishing branch. Being owned by Nintendo would destroy that. :(

at least localizing will get better (especially for Europeans)
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
2 years ago#29
I'd just hope Nintendo continues to let them do what they want in their games, I would still buy all their games.
---
"We don't play EDF for graphics, we play it for massive carnage we lay upon alien scum" -gamemaster712
PSN: Angel_Garcilazo/3DS FC: 4940-5942-3940
2 years ago#30
Sony should buy Atlus. Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Catherine, Persona etc.....
---
"Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. your reaction: nintendo buys Atlus and shows everyone...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived