3ds self update while in sleep mode...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3ds self update while in sleep mode...

User Info: MrMacgamer

MrMacgamer
3 years ago#1
My 3ds did a system update all by itself, while in sleep mode... opened it up and had a screen that said a system update was downloaded and it needed to be restarted, clicked ok and then it asked if i accepted the terms... clicked ' i accept'... then it restarted.
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.

User Info: zealousclouds

zealousclouds
3 years ago#2
Just did the update, it took like 5 seconds.
3DS FC: 0774 - 5347 - 8629

User Info: Akira1256

Akira1256
3 years ago#3
Yeah - apparently, if you wait long enough, the 3DS will automatically download the update and prompt you to install it.

I hadn't felt like getting it right away - c'mon, give us the new Plaza updates and StreetPass relay stations, already :) - but my 3DS decided to go ahead and pull the update this afternoon.
Currently ignoring: Real Life

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
3 years ago#4
My niece and I's did the very same thing last night. both were in sleep mode but both had the blue "spotpass" light lit before opening them. i like this. automatically downloading software in the background is great!. i do agree though, the lack of the JP/EU streetpass mii plaza update is annoying as hell. i want those mini-games already! >_<.
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3ds self update while in sleep mode...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived