If I've never played an animal crossing game before, should. I get it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I've never played an animal crossing game before, should. I get it?
2 years ago#11
The guys from giantbomb kinda tore it apart
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
2 years ago#12
It was fun at first, but i havent felt like playing playing for a week or two now. Fun definitely faded for me, but it was good while it lasted.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben
2 years ago#13
TranquilSea posted...
Kinda hard to tell if you'll like it, even if you do research. I thought I'd love AC, but ended up dropping the series after being bored to death by AC:WW for the DS. It's just a life sim, which seems so bland, especially when you look at the Rune Factory series, which is a farming sim, dating sim, and an action rpg dungeon crawler.

---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
2 years ago#14
Is rune factory out?
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
2 years ago#15
Voelger posted...
Is rune factory out?

It's out 8/13.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089 (Matt); Steam: Joben
2 years ago#16
Amazon is currently selling it for $26.59, so I would say get it and try it out. If you don't like it, this is an easy sell for 30+ dollars on Ebay.

The first game I tried any AC was the DS version, and after playing for 20-30 minutes, I was like "This is extra gay(happy)". I gave it to my girlfriend at the time(now my wife), and she played it day and night.

After a month or two, I started thinking "did I miss something?" So I begin to inquire on what made the game so interesting. So after asking questions and watching her play all the time, I said what the hell, I'll give it another go.

A year later, I was finally ready to call it quits(I played it daily). I can't really put a finger on what made that game so great, but it is a time stealer for sure. I bought my wife one of the first 3DS, and she never touched it, so I sold that one and got her the AC bundle and she hasn't put it down since she received it.

I bought the game for myself, but I haven't tried it, as I really don't think I have the time to play, and I feel like once I start, the game will take over my mind and soul, and then I won't get anything done, EVER! LOL

It really is a unique experience, and it's really much ado about nothing, but it can been very engrossing if you let it. It's not for everyone, and even though I loved it the last time, there's no guarantee I'll like the newest version, but the odds are in my favor.

I say give it a try. It's one of Nintendo's better titles.
2 years ago#17
guedesbrawl posted...
TranquilSea posted...
Kinda hard to tell if you'll like it, even if you do research. I thought I'd love AC, but ended up dropping the series after being bored to death by AC:WW for the DS. It's just a life sim, which seems so bland, especially when you look at the Rune Factory series, which is a farming sim, dating sim, and an action rpg dungeon crawler.

Basically just wait for Rune Factory 4. Much much much better series than Animal Crossing.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I've never played an animal crossing game before, should. I get it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived