Is doing system transfer even worth it? Just bought an XL

#1hypersonic2000Posted 6/29/2013 1:19:33 AM(edited)
I mean, I kind of want my street pass data from the other 3DS, but I don't want to erase any data on that one since my sister is still using it.

Thankfully, the only DLC I bought on the old 3DS were some fire emblem maps. And I can easily just boot the other system if I need to play FE.

Knowing this, is it even worth it to do? The only thing I really want is street pass data because I went to a couple of conventions with the old one and conventions are really the only places in America where I actually get some damn good progress in Find Mii 2 and lots of puzzle pieces/hats. But I feel like erasing all the data from the old 3DS may not be worth it.

EDIT: I know there is an FAQ for system transfer, but I'd just like to hear opinions first.
---
http://i.imgur.com/P2Y5MzJ.jpg
#2Primum_MobilePosted 6/29/2013 1:24:14 AM
i dunno, why would your sister care if you do a system transfer? what data is in your original that she would want to keep around?

but yes, technically you have no real reason to transfer either, maybe just for the FEA DLC map.
once you have 2 3ds, completing find mii and FM2 become much easier, since you can get multiple level 7 miis, and any color mii you desire. mii plaza tread different mii from the same 3ds as different people.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#3skulper34Posted 6/29/2013 1:24:21 AM
What data are you scared of losing for your sister? sounds like you only have that dlc and she doesn't use it I guess? She would be able to make her Mii the main one and have her own fc and her own stuff.
---
3DS Friend Code : 0919-9596-0769
#4hypersonic2000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:30:59 AM
skulper34 posted...
What data are you scared of losing for your sister? sounds like you only have that dlc and she doesn't use it I guess? She would be able to make her Mii the main one and have her own fc and her own stuff.

I mean she may want to play the FE maps on her own system, which is why it'd be a pain, probably.

Primum_Mobile posted...

but yes, technically you have no real reason to transfer either, maybe just for the FEA DLC map.
once you have 2 3ds, completing find mii and FM2 become much easier, since you can get multiple level 7 miis, and any color mii you desire. mii plaza tread different mii from the same 3ds as different people.

Oh thats cool, I didn't know that.

I guess I just care about all the puzzle pieces I've collected. Lol, god damn it Nintendo, why do you make me care about such pointless crap?
---
http://i.imgur.com/P2Y5MzJ.jpg