what do those jewel boxes mean on the download screen

#11Jakerific44Posted 6/30/2013 8:32:31 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
They are colorful distractions.

---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
#1290sRetroGamingPosted 6/30/2013 8:34:42 PM
The Blob2000 posted...
I can't help but see them as paint being dropped into a bucket.

Nah, Gushers. sweet and juicy... ;).
---
MKW FC: 3008-8379-7294/3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#13AkaneJonesPosted 6/30/2013 8:41:24 PM
I kind of thought they represented data blocks, each either being 1, or a specific number of blocks. It's easy enough to test. You just have to look at the number of blocks a title takes up and count the number of jewels that drop in before it finishes. Then compare it to both the same thing being redownloaded and a separate download with a different number of blocks.
#14The Blob2000Posted 6/30/2013 8:47:13 PM(edited)
No, I don't think they each represent a block, but you could be right about that.
Instead, I think it just represents the strength of the download connection. I've seen it just show an empty line go across without the gushers.

And how full the block below looks is the progress (30%, 40%, etc.)
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#15AkaneJonesPosted 6/30/2013 8:55:30 PM
The Blob2000 posted...
No, I don't think they each represent a block, but you could be right about that.
Instead, I think it just represents the strength of the download connection. I've seen it just show an empty line go across without the gushers.

And how full the block below looks is the progress (30%, 40%, etc.)

Yeah, but I'd image the number seen has to do with your connection speed no mater what. No jewels means no data is being transfered at that time. Of course there is always an option that the colour represents how many blocks a jewel has in it making it harder to gage.