Friend code not valid

#1silverdraconumPosted 6/30/2013 10:49:56 PM
I was trying to add someone's friend code (first time adding someone) on my 3DS and while they said they were able to add my friend code without a problem, every time I attempt to add their friend code it tells me "That Friend code is not valid" and then returns me to the part where I type in the code.

I have double checked, and triple checked with this person and we know the friend code is correct but it still won't allow me to add the friend code due to this 'friend code no valid' crap that pops up each time I enter in their code. Is there something I'm missing?

I've already checked the settings, parental controls, internet connection, and all those other things and nothing is wrong there. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on and if anyone could kindly help me out. We are both registering 3DS friend codes on a 3DS and we are from the country so it shouldn't be any regional lock out stuff messing with us either if that helps narrow down the cause of this problem.
#2Baha05Posted 6/30/2013 10:57:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Baha05Posted 6/30/2013 10:58:44 PM
Very odd.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#4silverdraconum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:03:29 PM
I can't find any help on it so I was hoping someone on here might know what is wrong. Most cases I hear is that if there's something wrong then both people can't add each other, but she was able to add me fine apparently and I just can't add her code.
#5Primum_MobilePosted 6/30/2013 11:08:19 PM
he probably gave you the wrong code.
yes, i know you said you guys checked, but check again. This time check the 3DS directly.

just to be sure, and i don't think it matters, but are both 3ds from the same region, ie. both from NA or EU?
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#6silverdraconum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:12:50 PM
I asked them to check again, and once again they gave me the code and it said invalid. Also both of us live on the east coast USA and same timezone, just different states so we should have the same region 3DS. Also they were able to add me apparently, I just can't add them yet.
#7silverdraconum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:49:06 PM
So I'm guessing I'm just SOL and no one knows the answer to my problem? Oh well, at least yall tried to help which is more than I can say for some other places I tried. Thanks anyway. :)
#8Baha05Posted 6/30/2013 11:50:17 PM
At best try contacting Nintendo about it.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy