Should I buy Mario Kart 7 or DKCR3D?

#11MegaMettaurPosted 7/1/2013 9:06:32 PM
Mario Kart 7 over DKCR all day every day. There are better platformers out there.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#12MegaMettaurPosted 7/1/2013 9:08:18 PM
jedinat posted...
EternalNether posted...
Never understood the hate Mario Kart 7 gets on this board. It has some of the best courses to date in my opinion and the kart customization is great.

It's the same game we've been playing since 1997... and honestly, I don't think it's necessarily better than that particular entry. lol

Oh, but it's not.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#13EternalNetherPosted 7/1/2013 9:18:19 PM
jedinat posted...
EternalNether posted...
Never understood the hate Mario Kart 7 gets on this board. It has some of the best courses to date in my opinion and the kart customization is great.

It's the same game we've been playing since 1997... and honestly, I don't think it's necessarily better than that particular entry. lol

It's a Kart racer. What would you propose they do exactly? Give Mario a gun and turn it into a shooting game? There's only so much variety you can give, and every single Mario Kart offers a different element to make it fun and interesting. Whether or not you like each new element is a matter of opinion of course. But people don't play Mario Kart to see the entire genre evolve and change into something different. They play it because it is what it is: A fun, fluid, familiar kart racer with active and fun online and constantly improving courses.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#14miketheman109Posted 7/1/2013 9:32:39 PM
Mario Kart 7 is a very good game, but I found that after placing first in all cups on all modes, and unlocking all the characters, there isn't really much incentive to play besides playing online and unlocking new kart parts.

So after about 10-12 hours or so, you may find yourself bored with Mario Kart, where as if you haven't played DKCR before, then you will certainly get a good amount of playtime from it, especially if you are going for every collectible to fully complete the game.

So in the end, I would pick Donkey Kong, but they are both fine games and I am glad that I own the two of them.
#15jedinatPosted 7/1/2013 9:42:19 PM
EternalNether posted...
jedinat posted...
EternalNether posted...

It's a Kart racer. What would you propose they do exactly? Give Mario a gun and turn it into a shooting game? There's only so much variety you can give, and every single Mario Kart offers a different element to make it fun and interesting. Whether or not you like each new element is a matter of opinion of course. But people don't play Mario Kart to see the entire genre evolve and change into something different. They play it because it is what it is: A fun, fluid, familiar kart racer with active and fun online and constantly improving courses.

-They could add a story mode instead of the same freaking cup mode in every game. (really, that about sums it all up LOL)
-They could make tracks less "circuity", more organic, mysterious, thematic, whatever. Really subjective, but the tracks in the last few games have been pretty uniformly unexciting imho.
-They could add framing gameplay where get up and walk around, maybe some RPG/adventure elements like Mario Golf on gameboy.
-Or whatever, I shouldn't need to think for Nintendo. But they're complacent, and people like you eat up this regurgitated crap.
#16Xavius-MaximusPosted 7/1/2013 9:44:57 PM
jedinat posted...
EternalNether posted...

A Nintendo guy complaining about games being the same for a decade. How ironic.
---
XboxTurnedSony.net
Because paying $100 more for a 50% less powerful console doesn't make sense.
#17jedinatPosted 7/1/2013 9:46:21 PM
Xavius-Maximus posted...
jedinat posted...
EternalNether posted...

A Nintendo guy complaining about games being the same for a decade. How ironic.

I'm not a "Nintendo guy", I play everything.