So how do you feel about Atlus?

#91UponADarkThornePosted 7/3/2013 8:33:42 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
They make real RPGs unlike Square Enix, Bethesda Softworks, or Bioware.

Hey, once upon a time, Bioware was fantastic. Not at least respecting Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II is... Well, bad.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#92DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/3/2013 8:47:49 PM
Ghetsis posted...
I think they make some good games, but the intensity of their fanboys kind of makes me dislike the company (and yes, I realize how unfair that may be.)

Though I also think they need to make more new games, rather than 80%ish of their releases being rereleases.

The Atlus fans on Tumblr, TvTropes, and even 4chan's /vg/ board are all pretty cool.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#93HermeticJusticePosted 7/3/2013 8:51:14 PM
Ghetsis posted...
but the intensity of their fanboys kind of makes me dislike the company (and yes, I realize how unfair that may be.)

What's wrong Udgey?
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The official Lea of the Kingdom Hearts III board
#94somebody336Posted 7/3/2013 9:53:05 PM
Love em
---
Help free Justin Carter! Sign a petition, spread the word around, just don't let a kid be wrongfully incarcerated.
#95wolflordrufusPosted 7/3/2013 10:14:59 PM
I am a little confused..... I have seen Persona 4 arena xbox 360 in GAME and Gamestation in the UK, so how is it not released?
---
GT: DEANO 30f6
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code 0344 5773 0717 ot:!!BOB!!
#96Lord NecrodainPosted 7/4/2013 6:54:15 AM
I'm on their mailing list because I used to be a big fan of theirs, but lately they haven't done much to catch my interest. They were one of my favourite companies back when they were making Trauma Center and bringing over stuff like Summon Night: Swordcraft Story and the Dept. Heaven games. Nowadays, however, it seems like 3/4s of the e-mails I get from them are SMT-related, and SMT really doesn't appeal to me at all, and the rest is EO, which I also don't care for, or stuff like Game of Thrones or that Sherlock Holmes game.

I kinda feel like XSEED has taken over their role as the niche JRPG localizer. Too bad they can't take over Trauma Center as well, since Atlus doesn't appear to be interested in continuing it.
---
- But sir! What if he dredges up old memories of people teasing you because of your girly name?
- Konishi... Salt. Wounds. Stop.
#97CaptainLukaPosted 7/4/2013 7:02:41 AM
Some may say I'm biased, but I like Atlus quite a bit. I've played games for 21 years now, but this passion for games didn't really start until I played an Atlus game. It used to be a hobby. Now playing games is a piece of my life. Atlus games regularly engage me and my tastes - aesthetics, challenge-wise, they provoke interesting thoughts, etc.

I like them.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos
Currently playing: Dark Souls, Project X Zone, Asura's Wrath