Castlevania

#21stargazer64Posted 7/3/2013 2:11:31 PM
Razieru posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
They're all great games for what they were. MoF was a solid game despite entitled gamers wanting it to be more like the GBA/DS versions. If anything try to get it at a reduced price if you feel doubtful about its quality.

Aw shut up with that tired and cheesy entitlement card. What you expect gamers to be like you and waste money on everything because YOU think it's the smart thing to do? And when did entitlement apply to playing what the hell you like, or not playing what you hate?

Better yet, how exactly does entitlement apply to simply using your brain and determining what you like and don't like? By your ridiculous logic, if you hate something, you're "entitled". Make sense.

I dunno Raz. I think he can play the 'entitled' card in this case.

We got 6 Metroidvania games in a row (spanning GBA and DS) and people were (perhaps rightfully) feeling entitled to that streak continuing on the 3DS.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#22RPGNinja123Posted 7/3/2013 2:14:39 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Razieru posted...
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
They're all great games for what they were. MoF was a solid game despite entitled gamers wanting it to be more like the GBA/DS versions. If anything try to get it at a reduced price if you feel doubtful about its quality.

Aw shut up with that tired and cheesy entitlement card. What you expect gamers to be like you and waste money on everything because YOU think it's the smart thing to do? And when did entitlement apply to playing what the hell you like, or not playing what you hate?

Better yet, how exactly does entitlement apply to simply using your brain and determining what you like and don't like? By your ridiculous logic, if you hate something, you're "entitled". Make sense.

We got 6 Metroidvania games in a row (spanning GBA and DS) and people were (perhaps rightfully) feeling entitled to that streak continuing on the 3DS.

Metroidvanias are the only ones that should be made and the only ones that matter.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#23RazieruPosted 7/3/2013 2:36:55 PM
stargazer64 posted...

Not only is the entitlement card a dumb, mundane, and stagnant cop out to proclaim, "You rightfully hate something I like; how dare you!", he has NO right to abuse it any more than it has already been abused. Here's why in this particular case:

The majority rules. They prefer "Metroidvanias". Sales and reviews also prove this (when compared to the sales and reviews of the Lords of Shadow Castlevanias). With the GBA "Metroidvanias" considered, hardly anyone cared about Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance as much as Aria of Sorrow, so only 4 of those 6 really matter.

Anyway, to all of those Dawn of Sorrow fanatics, what about it makes it so special? I'm just wondering, as I have yet to play it, but I did play Aria of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia, and Portrait of Ruin. So far, Portrait of Ruin is the best in the world to me, and I often hear that Aria of Sorrow is MUCH better than Dawn of Sorrow....
---
Suspension of Disbelief = EVERY Fan Boy
#24stargazer64Posted 7/3/2013 2:42:05 PM
I'm not the biggest Dawn fan...I don't care for the weapons, the special attacks, the way you need to grind to get souls, or the castle design.

But to each their own.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#25Canas_RenvallPosted 7/3/2013 2:45:17 PM
Razieru posted...
stargazer64 posted...

Not only is the entitlement card a dumb, mundane, and stagnant cop out to proclaim, "You rightfully hate something I like; how dare you!", he has NO right to abuse it any more than it has already been abused. Here's why in this particular case:

The majority rules. They prefer "Metroidvanias". Sales and reviews also prove this (when compared to the sales and reviews of the Lords of Shadow Castlevanias). With the GBA "Metroidvanias" considered, hardly anyone cared about Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance as much as Aria of Sorrow, so only 4 of those 6 really matter.

Anyway, to all of those Dawn of Sorrow fanatics, what about it makes it so special? I'm just wondering, as I have yet to play it, but I did play Aria of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia, and Portrait of Ruin. So far, Portrait of Ruin is the best in the world to me, and I often hear that Aria of Sorrow is MUCH better than Dawn of Sorrow....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lords-of-Shadow-Is-the-Best-Selling-Castlevania-Title-354378.shtml Just saying. :P

Anyway, the order I'd go in is Order of Ecclesia > Portrait of Ruin > Dawn of Sorrow. Haven't played Mirror of Fate yet, but I plan on it after a price drop. Not that any three of those are bad, but OoE is probably my second favorite Castlevania after Super Castlevania IV.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#26FefnirOmega13Posted 7/3/2013 2:48:16 PM
I wonder if they'd successfully be able to port over Harmony of Despair with all it's DLC involved. I'd like something like that if I'm honest.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#27RazieruPosted 7/3/2013 3:27:30 PM
stargazer64 posted...
I'm not the biggest Dawn fan...I don't care for the weapons, the special attacks, the way you need to grind to get souls, or the castle design.

I actually agree with this. I thought it was incredibly lazy and unrealistic to stick so many environments into what is ultimately one f***ing building. That's just lazy design altogether - the effort they put into creating so many different areas in one measly castle, even if it's Dracula's castle, was just a pathetic excuse to try and hide the lazy level design of Dawn and Aria of Sorrow.

Why not make those areas separate, or even mix it up like Portrait of Ruin did and make them portraits (portals) within the castle at least? I also didn't like the inconvenience of switching souls (Aria of Sorrow) just to f***ing swim or walk on water. Both could have easily been alpha abilities you earn. I wonder if it's the same way in Dawn of Sorrow....
---
Suspension of Disbelief = EVERY Fan Boy
#28DizzaePosted 7/3/2013 3:47:05 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
I wonder if they'd successfully be able to port over Harmony of Despair with all it's DLC involved. I'd like something like that if I'm honest.

I'd love a Harmony of Despair 3ds! A few new characters, stages and a decent multiplayer set up would be a must buy.
#29FefnirOmega13Posted 7/4/2013 11:51:53 AM
Razieru posted...
I also didn't like the inconvenience of switching souls (Aria of Sorrow) just to f***ing swim or walk on water. Both could have easily been alpha abilities you earn. I wonder if it's the same way in Dawn of Sorrow....

They fixed the swimming part so you can turn it on/off once you beat a specific boss. You need to turn it off (or have a specific soul) to get past a certain area in the Subterranean Hell, if I recall correctly.

I'd love a Harmony of Despair 3ds! A few new characters, stages and a decent multiplayer set up would be a must buy.

I missed out on it for the xbox but played it around a friend's house, and I really enjoyed the premise behind it and the variety between character playstyles. Here's hoping, I suppose.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#30cadorPosted 7/4/2013 9:15:30 PM
Canas_Renvall posted...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lords-of-Shadow-Is-the-Best-Selling-Castlevania-Title-354378.shtml Just saying. :P

Anyway, the order I'd go in is Order of Ecclesia > Portrait of Ruin > Dawn of Sorrow. Haven't played Mirror of Fate yet, but I plan on it after a price drop. Not that any three of those are bad, but OoE is probably my second favorite Castlevania after Super Castlevania IV.

On consoles yes. MoF bombed hard though from what I recall., I hope that it sends a message to Konami that the handheld gamers like the other types of Castlevania (Classic or Metroid) better.

Worst case though, Konami thinks handheld gamers don't want anymore Castlevania which means were screwed. I'd agree with your ordering of the DS vanias as well.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy