Layton Bros. on 3DS??

#1tompound90Posted 7/4/2013 1:53:07 AM
Does anyone think there will be a chance of the recent Layton Bros. iOS game appearing on the 3DS? I haven't played it yet so don't know what its like, played most of the other Layton games though. Is it any good?
---
3DS friend code: 4355-9757-1083
#2EbonMagicianPosted 7/4/2013 2:29:07 AM
I'd rather see it on android then 3DS. shame they have to release it on iOS...
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491
#3TheLibrarianPosted 7/4/2013 2:39:52 AM
I just hope it goes to more platforms period.
#4JadebellPosted 7/4/2013 4:05:58 AM
It's good but it plays like Ace Attorney Investigations, so it doesn't have the typical Layton puzzles to solve. Instead, you play as a rookie detective, Lucy Baker, who has been assigned to the "Mystery Room", a department in Scotland Yard which deals with unusual cases. She works under Professor Layton's son, Alfendi Layton.

You use the touch screen to examine the crime scene in 3D, collect evidence, and try to piece together what happened, before confronting the suspect, and, much like a Phoenix Wright game, use evidence to counter their statements.

Personally, I've enjoyed the game very much. It has the same gorgeous presentation as the original Layton games, but with an emphasis on solving crimes instead of puzzles.
#5EinvaltPosted 7/4/2013 4:24:56 AM
To be honest I don't think a 3DS version would be able to provide the authentic experience. The iOS touch controls are much more advanced and versatile. They'd have to rework the system but it would ultimately be an inferior product compared to the smartphone original.
#6mjc0961Posted 7/4/2013 5:07:56 AM
Jadebell posted...
It's good but it plays like Ace Attorney Investigations, so it doesn't have the typical Layton puzzles to solve. Instead, you play as a rookie detective, Lucy Baker, who has been assigned to the "Mystery Room", a department in Scotland Yard which deals with unusual cases. She works under Professor Layton's son, Alfendi Layton.

You use the touch screen to examine the crime scene in 3D, collect evidence, and try to piece together what happened, before confronting the suspect, and, much like a Phoenix Wright game, use evidence to counter their statements.

Personally, I've enjoyed the game very much. It has the same gorgeous presentation as the original Layton games, but with an emphasis on solving crimes instead of puzzles.

BRB going to go download this.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#7IHeartMetroidPosted 7/4/2013 5:44:41 AM
" The game was originally designed for the Nintendo DS and was planned to be released in 2010.[2] Level-5 had originally scheduled to show the game at the 2010 Tokyo Game Show but removed it from their schedule soon before the conference, throwing the game's fate into question.[1] In May 2010, the developer published an update on the game's progress and announced that the game would be delayed until Spring 2011.[1] Finally on October 15, 2011, the title resurfaced at Level-5 World 2011 as an iOS game titled Layton Brothers: Mystery Room. Though the game has been rebranded as a Professor Layton title, many of its original elements have remained intact, including the focus on solving mysteries.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layton_Brothers:_Mystery_Room

Interesting. So they pulled a Doki Doki Panic.
---
Currently ignoring 6 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.