Original DS games don't connect to WiFi, but 3DS games do?

#1Babycakes9999Posted 7/5/2013 5:19:51 AM
I know why this is happening - it's because my router uses WPA2 security settings, which the 3DS system can operate with but the original DS could not. My 3DS connects to WiFi easily when using the eShop, browser, etc but, when trying to connect to WiFi on original DS games, I'm told that the system doesn't support my router's security settings.

My question is this - is there a way to connect original DS games to WPA2 routers? It should be possible, seeing as the 3DS console itself CAN connect to them. Any advice?
#2tranceaddict19Posted 7/5/2013 5:21:51 AM
Babycakes9999 posted...
I know why this is happening - it's because my router uses WPA2 security settings, which the 3DS system can operate with but the original DS could not. My 3DS connects to WiFi easily when using the eShop, browser, etc but, when trying to connect to WiFi on original DS games, I'm told that the system doesn't support my router's security settings.

My question is this - is there a way to connect original DS games to WPA2 routers? It should be possible, seeing as the 3DS console itself CAN connect to them. Any advice?

IF you know why it's happening than why make a thread?

Change your security settings if you wanna connect that badly jeez.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#3Babycakes9999(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 5:23:55 AM
I'm guessing you didn't read beyond the first line of my post.
#4GoldenSun3DSPosted 7/5/2013 5:35:59 AM(edited)
Original GBA games won't use the touch screen, but DS games will?

I know why this is happening - it's because DS has a touch screen, which the DS system can operate but the original GBA could not. My DS uses the touch screen easily when tapping, sliding, etc but, when trying to play original GBA games, I'm told that the GBA doesn't support the touch screen.

My question is this - is there a way to have original GBA games use the touch screen? It should be possible, seeing as the DS console itself CAN use the touch screen. Any advice?
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#5tranceaddict19Posted 7/5/2013 5:40:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6arthur8642Posted 7/5/2013 5:38:46 AM
No. DS games simply don't have the programming to handle WPA2 security.

The 3DS console can't override that.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#7toadiemanPosted 7/5/2013 5:42:08 AM
DS games need WEP security only which is outdated now.
---
The chest is empty...like your thieving heart.
#8tranceaddict19Posted 7/5/2013 5:46:31 AM
toadieman posted...
DS games need WEP security only which is outdated now.

I connect my 3DS all the time to my wifi, and when I wanna connect DS games I go to my modem settings and change the security to WEP.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#9Babycakes9999(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 5:46:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Darkstorm16Posted 7/5/2013 5:47:35 AM
Actually from my experience is that the ds wifi was also limited to router brand, I've even changed the security to WAP2 and still couldn't register so I troubleshooted the problem on their site and my brand was never on their list of acceptable routers. When the 3ds came out..,,it wasn't still doing anything until I had to call Nintendo and they changed the security on their end over the phone with me, now my 3ds still wonderful with it, ds is a lost cause.
---
Pro gamer equality- 1 person is pro gamer which means doesnt matter who makes the system you like what you like. PM me and I'll increase the number if you agree