JP Club Nintendo hacked

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. JP Club Nintendo hacked
2 years ago#1
http://kotaku.com/in-japan-nintendo-was-hacked-675798797

Nintendo's Kyoto-based HQ just announced that Club Nintendo, its member rewards site, has been hacked. This was discovered when a large number of access errors began appearing on July 2. That's when Nintendo began investigating the issue.

According to Nintendo's investigation, there were 23,000 unauthorized log-ins (with 15 million attempts) between June 9 and July 4 on Japan's Club Nintendo site. This does not seem to apply to Club Nintendo sites in other countries.

In Japan, it's possible that Club Nintendo members' full names, home addresses, phone numbers, and mail addresses were compromised.

Credit cards, however, are not used with Club Nintendo, so thankfully, that's not an issue.

Currently, Nintendo is strengthening its security. Old passwords are currently invalid, and Nintendo is asking Club Nintendo members to change their passwords via email.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
2 years ago#2
Oh no! Hackers will take away all the coins Japanese gamers worked hard for. And they'll also get free games!
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Project X Zone, and Gods Eater Burst
2 years ago#3
This is seriously getting out of hand. Everything is getting hacked these days.
2 years ago#4
Phew, That would annoy me if it was the US Club Nintendo. But it still means that people know names.
---
Ps3: TJ1524. Steam: TJ1524.
I have most of the current systems.~TJ
2 years ago#5
OoSubaruoO posted...

Get the .hackers. We need them to data drain everything!!!
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Project X Zone, and Gods Eater Burst
2 years ago#6
These criminals make me sick. They're not contributing to society in any way.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
2 years ago#7
21_21 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Get the .hackers. We need them to data drain everything!!!

Ok, I lol'd.
2 years ago#8
Hmmm, well, at least no banking information was ever at risk. Still, those names and addresses have to be at least somewhat useful to identity thieves.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
2 years ago#9
Now nintendo might start taking their security seriously
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
2 years ago#10
lambchips posted...
Now nintendo might start taking their security seriously

Yeah, sure does suck that the 3DS got hacked back at launch...
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. JP Club Nintendo hacked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived