JP Club Nintendo hacked

#11n00bsaib0tPosted 7/5/2013 9:20:07 AM
The Blob2000 posted...
Hmmm, well, at least no banking information was ever at risk. Still, those names and addresses have to be at least somewhat useful to identity thieves.

These are people hacking because they can, not because they want something. Just like PSN, none of the information will be used I guarantee it. These are people who simply wanted to say they hacked it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#12zinformantPosted 7/5/2013 9:22:52 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The Blob2000 posted...
Hmmm, well, at least no banking information was ever at risk. Still, those names and addresses have to be at least somewhat useful to identity thieves.

These are people hacking because they can, not because they want something. Just like PSN, none of the information will be used I guarantee it. These are people who simply wanted to say they hacked it.

That doesn't somehow justify or excuse the action.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#13n00bsaib0tPosted 7/5/2013 9:34:39 AM
zinformant posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
The Blob2000 posted...

That doesn't somehow justify or excuse the action.

If that is what you read then you need help. I said they didn't want personal information, that if was for bragging rights. Nowhere in that does it say this is okay.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#14levyjl1988Posted 7/5/2013 10:23:46 AM
Ubisoft was hacked some while ago. Especially accounts without cc attached. What's the benefit of taking someones personal information?
---
Now I'll have to buy all next gen consoles, sigh. :(
#15chickenlardPosted 7/5/2013 10:46:57 AM
zinformant posted...
These criminals make me sick. They're not contributing to society in any way.

on the contrary, they provided telemarketers with your contact information, thus they get money.
#16SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:54:05 AM
chickenlard posted...
zinformant posted...
These criminals make me sick. They're not contributing to society in any way.

on the contrary, they provided telemarketers with your contact information, thus they get money.

Like he said...not contributing in any way
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#17Sirian_HawkPosted 7/5/2013 11:02:42 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
This is seriously getting out of hand. Everything is getting hacked these days.

Ubisoft got hacked as well. I received an e-mail just recently from them saying their accounts (U-play stuff I guess) had been hacked and that I had to change my password.
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.
#18JetPilotPosted 7/5/2013 11:39:28 AM
I wonder if the same thing is happening at the US Club Nintendo. For about the past 48-72 hours the site has been abysmally slow (3+ minutes to load a single page...and no it's not my internet...this slow loading is limited to the Club Nintendo site) with frequent "the site is overloaded" error messages popping up and randomly getting signed out.

I understand if the site is swamped the last day or two of June with procrastinators trying to complete surveys at the last minute before the year ends, but the last few days have been ridiculous.
---
PSN: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i").
#19Akira1256Posted 7/5/2013 11:48:06 AM
JetPilot posted...
I wonder if the same thing is happening at the US Club Nintendo. For about the past 48-72 hours the site has been abysmally slow (3+ minutes to load a single page...and no it's not my internet...this slow loading is limited to the Club Nintendo site) with frequent "the site is overloaded" error messages popping up and randomly getting signed out.

I understand if the site is swamped the last day or two of June with procrastinators trying to complete surveys at the last minute before the year ends, but the last few days have been ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if, given that the Japanese Club Nintendo has been hacked, NOA is closely examining the US site (code, logs, etc.) to make sure nothing has or could happen to it.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#20Genericgamer667Posted 7/5/2013 11:48:25 AM
inb4 lolzrevengeforregionlocking
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising