Is Nintendo just LAZY or is there some reason to this?

#11Fight_The_PowerPosted 7/5/2013 10:07:19 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Perhaps you could give examples of games they didn't put it in that "makes sense" for them to, because AC and KI are the only ones I've played so far where it would make sense.

Starfox, F-Zero, Pikmin... They can all use it.

Starfox and F-Zero, I agree. Pikmin idk (then again I haven't played that in god knows how long)

But they don't need it
---
The JahMan has cometh once again... and he is here to stay.
3DS FC: 0018-0111-4675. J.O.D. from Napoleon. Dream Address: 5400-2159-0837
#12Aura_SpherePosted 7/5/2013 10:08:51 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Perhaps you could give examples of games they didn't put it in that "makes sense" for them to, because AC and KI are the only ones I've played so far where it would make sense.

Your so ignorant,it isnt even funny. Not all games need it and not all games are made with it in mind.

---
3DS FC - (0748-2142-5452)
#13Delirious_BeardPosted 7/5/2013 10:10:20 PM
It depends. Half-assed multiplayer that is really only in the game because of higher-ups is fine, because that means most of the time and effort went into the main campaign. Spec Ops: The Line is a good example.

The issue is that if Nintendo puts a focus on multiplayer and then stubbornly decides that they simply aren't having the option for online for no tangible reason. That is just laziness.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/9084697791_4ae5661bdb_o.gif
DFA Scott
#14Brad527Posted 7/5/2013 10:10:51 PM
Fight_The_Power posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

Starfox and F-Zero, I agree. Pikmin idk (then again I haven't played that in god knows how long)

But they don't need it

If there's one game on the system that makes no sense to not have online, it's Star Fox. Local multiplayer only begs for online.
#15SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/5/2013 10:26:22 PM
Pikmin I don't really see, but yeah, star fox and F-zero definitely could use it.

I thought you were talking about current games.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#16Lolo_knightPosted 7/6/2013 12:55:20 AM
AFAIK the new pikmin 3 has multiplayer and it's local, that is lazy, when we get the game it could be great and online multiplayer would be awesome but we won't have it 'cuz nintendo.

A great example is the new lugis mansion, when I heard multiplayer I was like what?, then online multiplayer I was like whaaat?. I got the game and its really fun and being only local would mean I'd never play the mode ever just because I know no one with the game nor a 3DS.

Saying games do not require online multiplayer it just troubles me... ok it's true they DON'T NEED it, but they'd be sweet with it, it's just a mode that just sits there if you don't want to play it be my guest, leave it for the people like me whos friends wont play that game.

The wii U doesnt NEED the game pad still is sweet that it has it. Why scream at people that asks for more content in an era where everything is paid dlc, you people are making this a trend with this attitude.
---
We fill the silence with our own insecurities
#17Thunderbird8Posted 7/6/2013 1:46:32 AM(edited)
Star Fox Command has an online mode. How much was it used? I know I never touched it. Star Fox 64 3D came out before Nintendo was producing online games for the 3DS (perhaps they weren't done with the online multiplayer infrastructure at the time?). F-Zero has yet to have a game show up for a system where Nintendo has made any online games for (I don't count the GameCube here because Nintendo did not produce any online games for the system, and there are what, two? three? games with online functions on the entire system). I suspect if F-Zero did have a Wii U or 3DS version made, that it would have online.

Maintaining online for any game costs money. Adding online functionality to any game vastly increases the potential for bugs due to lag and all that network fun stuff. Also, if you release a patch for a game with online components, you most likely have to require people to have the current version of the game to play online (Mario Kart 7 requires this), on systems that don't require you to actually be up to date (Wii U only takes issue if you delete a patch and then attempt to play the same game without the patch that used to be there, 3DS does not care period).
#18Delirious_BeardPosted 7/6/2013 1:49:47 AM
Star Fox Command's online wasn't used because

A: It was implemented horrendously Seriously, matches would end if a single player disconnected. It was a horrible online system.
B: Not many people bought the game to begin with. Because it was bad.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/9084697791_4ae5661bdb_o.gif
DFA Scott
#19Primum_MobilePosted 7/6/2013 2:46:59 AM
do we have an official pokemon mmo yet?
i rest my case.

...okay fine. I wouldn't call what nintendo is doing lazy, well except for starfox 64 3D. How that doesn't have online multiplayer when it fits perfectly is beyond me. Well, lag will kill it, and thus by extension might be very difficult to implement, but still. no wait, KIU has online multiplayer, so starfox 64 3D has no excuse.
Nintendo is more like an overprotective father who wouldn't let his 25yo daughter out until midnight w/o good reason.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#20Black_AssassinPosted 7/6/2013 3:04:23 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Your so ignorant,it isnt even funny.

you're spelling arehorribel
---
lowercase