Is Nintendo just LAZY or is there some reason to this?

#21weirdybeansatPosted 7/6/2013 4:34:12 AM
Mario & Sonic Olympic games series needed online badly.

Its going to be so sad when Sochi doesn't have it either.
---
"What the **** was wrong with those kids in Ep 8 of Elfen Lied? "
Duskmon- "They were human"
#22iMURDAuPosted 7/6/2013 5:41:47 AM
Its not Nintendo who made the game but MH3U would have sold much more if it had online multi. I would probably be playing it right now if it did but I'll wait for 4.
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#23Lord_FroodPosted 7/6/2013 6:05:39 AM
These threads are so funny, thanks to how stupid and behind the times Nintendo fanboys are.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#24Baha05Posted 7/6/2013 8:13:46 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
do we have an official pokemon mmo yet?
i rest my case.

...okay fine. I wouldn't call what nintendo is doing lazy, well except for starfox 64 3D. How that doesn't have online multiplayer when it fits perfectly is beyond me. Well, lag will kill it, and thus by extension might be very difficult to implement, but still. no wait, KIU has online multiplayer, so starfox 64 3D has no excuse.
Nintendo is more like an overprotective father who wouldn't let his 25yo daughter out until midnight w/o good reason.

Pokemon is still/has Online capabilities. You don;t need an MMO. Actually given the series as a whole it would be really unbalanced.

And at best yeah Nintendo does some stupid things with local and online MP.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#25nintendoggerPosted 7/6/2013 8:15:46 AM
The Starfox port should have had online added on to it. :/ That said, I don't need online in all of my games, but it is nice to have the option.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#26UponADarkThornePosted 7/6/2013 8:16:02 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
These threads are so funny, thanks to how stupid and behind the times Nintendo fanboys are.

Online multiplayer is great in some games, but these days, it's getting tacked on to every game just because. Mass Effect 3 didn't need an online mode, for example. Yet one was put it, because who gives a **** if it makes sense to tack something that doesn't fit a single player franchise.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#27Baha05Posted 7/6/2013 8:17:54 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

Online multiplayer is great in some games, but these days, it's getting tacked on to every game just because. Mass Effect 3 didn't need an online mode, for example. Yet one was put it, because who gives a **** if it makes sense to tack something that doesn't fit a single player franchise.

that too, while it was fun, it was really bare minimum and kinda horrible in design.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#28Boomerang78Posted 7/6/2013 8:55:04 AM
Lord_Frood posted...

So what? We all get that Zelda doesn't need multiplayer, but games like New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World could only benefit from having an online component yet Nintendo seems so averse to adding it. Yes, we get the whole "Oh, they're meant to be local experiences" deal, but online doesn't stop people from doing that, plus it also assumes that one's friends/family actually like Mario, which isn't always the case.

I don't think anyone's complaining about the lack of online in single-player experiences, but games with obvious multiplayer components like the aforementioned could have really good online co-op components, but we haven't gotten one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#29ZeroArcheryPosted 7/6/2013 9:07:54 AM
Yes, not paying for Online Multiplayer in games that would hardly use it is "laziness."

I wonder if people hear themselves sometimes.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#30SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/6/2013 9:44:00 AM
Lord_Frood posted...

ME3's multiplayer is remarkably popular though. Lots of people love it and still play it.

Not sure who brought up the Pokemon MMO, but nobody seems to realize that it would be awful.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch