Is Nintendo just LAZY or is there some reason to this?

#61n00bsaib0tPosted 7/7/2013 12:52:14 AM
monkeypahng posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

there's ZERO reason to complain about online play unless you think online replaces single player.

becasue OPTIONS never hurt anyone

Actually, it could detract focus on the single player experience when they're making the game. Then you end up with a tacked on onlineplay with a half-ass single player experienced.

This is just blatant fanboyism to cover up Nintendo's laziness. Adding online multiplayer to a game with local multiplayer in no way detracts from the single player experience. NSMBW had local multiplayer. Letting people play that online wouldn't have changed the single player experience. In no way does adding an online component to existing multiplayer create a half assed single player experience.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#62Baha05Posted 7/7/2013 12:57:14 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
This is just blatant fanboyism to cover up Nintendo's laziness. Adding online multiplayer to a game with local multiplayer in no way detracts from the single player experience. NSMBW had local multiplayer. Letting people play that online wouldn't have changed the single player experience. In no way does adding an online component to existing multiplayer create a half assed single player experience.

I think he means in general. I agree in some cases some games that have local do need Online with preper means of balance. However if a game does not have local multiplayer then adding on in later on can hamper development or come off as tacky.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#63n00bsaib0tPosted 7/7/2013 1:03:55 AM
Baha05 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

I think he means in general. I agree in some cases some games that have local do need Online with preper means of balance. However if a game does not have local multiplayer then adding on in later on can hamper development or come off as tacky.

I would hope that's something everyone knows. If that's what he meant then my bad, but its not what he said.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#64Baha05Posted 7/7/2013 1:23:45 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I would hope that's something everyone knows. If that's what he meant then my bad, but its not what he said.

Well what he said can go either way.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#65Knux58Posted 7/7/2013 5:59:08 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
Because not everything needs an online mode. Especially if they're just going to tack it on. What's wrong with enjoying a single player game?

*meanwhile, a huge feature in nearly every Nintendo game is local multiplayer that could easily be also made into online multiplayer*
---
GT/Steam: Knux57 || YouTube/Let's Play Channel: http://www.youtube.com/Knux57
Now Playing: Dark Souls, SoulCalibur V, Gears of War: Judgement
#66PsychoWolfXPosted 7/7/2013 6:39:21 AM
I agree that not all games need to support online play, but there are a few (Monster Hunter, Star Fox) that REALLY should have it included.
#67Soniv4Ever10Posted 7/7/2013 8:23:15 AM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...

i could site MANY games where they focused on both single and multiplayer AND BOTH turned out fine.
like luigi's manison dark moon.

What does that prove other than what I just said?

Soniv4Ever10 posted...
Games with good multiplayer are designed with it in mind. FPS games, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter, fighting games. All of those games put a big focus on the multiplayer aspect.

games don't need to be focused on single player to work

I really don't see what you're getting at with this when the first half of my other post was talking about games designed from the get go to be single player, meaning multiplayer was never something they had in mind. Games like the DMC series, Vanquish, Kingdom Hearts, and Xenoblade have no business including multiplayer.

if a game has tacked on multiplayer it was because the developer was lazy. and even "tacked on" is better then none. unless you want to claim 0% effort is more then 1% effort

it's simple devlopers need to make EFFORT.
they can't make good multiplayer unless fans actually support multiplayer

You keep saying this and that makes a developer lazy and that they aren't putting forth effort. Are you a game developer? Do you know what goes on during every step of the development process?Do you know what the designers wanted to have included in the finished product? No? I didn't think so.

I'll change my tune a little bit. Could Mario 3D World have been online? Yes it could have, but the game not having it doesn't make Nintendo lazy. Kid Icarus has it, Mario Kart has it, Smash Bros. (as bad as it was in Brawl) has it. If they intended to include online it would be there. Lazy would be including online, but having it be extremely barebones. Lazy would be including online only for it to run terribly because they didn't spend the time and effort to get it to run smoothly.

Deciding that they don't want to add it to begin with =/= lazy

Sinfullyvannila posted...

I don't even think that every game should be multiplayer, but I think that line of reasoning is BS.

Seriously, most of the work with multiplayer was already done when they make the single-player.

Way to show you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
PSN:PhantomResonance
NNID:TheyCallMeSonic