Nintendo needs to make three new IPs.

#31Thunderbird8Posted 7/7/2013 8:13:16 PM
McMarbles posted...
Why do Xenoblade, Pushmo, Dillon, and Denpa Men never count?

Denpa Men is not a Nintendo property, last I checked. Sure, Genius Sonority often makes games for Nintendo, but they developed and published the Denpa Men games on their own.
#32Gogo726Posted 7/7/2013 9:20:18 PM
I'd like to point out that Last Story is not first party. It's a 3rd party exclusive.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#33Fr33zPosted 7/7/2013 9:42:50 PM
The Wonderful 101 is a new IP. Even if its developed by Platinum Games its Nintendo's IP. So thats one outta the way.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#34Fr33zPosted 7/7/2013 9:45:36 PM
Gogo726 posted...
I'd like to point out that Last Story is not first party. It's a 3rd party exclusive.

Last Story, Xenoblade, and Pandora's Tower are all Nintendo owned IP's. There development was outsourced to third party developers the same way FZero GX was given to Sega and the Zelda Oracle games were given to Capcom but they're still Nintendo's IPs.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#35tompound90Posted 7/7/2013 10:00:30 PM
I was thinking about this last night but i've come to realize Nintendo does things their own way and you either like it or not.

That said, I would like to see new IP's emerge, and not just smaller e-shop titles such as Pushmo, Dillan's, Sakura Samurai etc. I'm trying to think of any other new 3DS Ip's and can't come up with anymore?

Looking at my DS collection there's only a couple of new IP's ; Prof. Layton, Trauma Center, and Hotel Dusk. Do people want new games or just sequels? All the popular games on 3DS are sequels ; Monster Hunter, AC, Mario, Donkey Kong etc. I'd actually like a mixture, I'm still interested in the new Mario and Zelda's but I want some new experiences that new franchises will offer.

I agree with TC, if quality studio's such as Retro, Intelligent Sys, Level 5 develop some new games i'd be all over it
---
3DS friend code: 4355-9757-1083
#36RetroFanGirlPosted 7/7/2013 11:08:23 PM
Paragraphs.
---
Warning: My opinions are mod-able.
#37Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 9:08:00 AM
Being on the eShop DOES make it an exception. Would you compare the creation of Denpa Men to the creation of Punch-Out!!? The former being a low-risk venture, the latter being a high-risk venture.

Denpa Men is first party, by the way. Genius Sonority is Nintendo fully-owned.

Steel Diver didn't sell because it didn't deserve to sell. We are not obligated to buy ANY new IP from Nintendo, becasuse Nintendo is only obligated to sales of games that people want to give them. Steel Diver was short, clunky, and lacked content. It was terribly overpriced, and was last-gen technology. It was simply lazy. The Pikmin games, meanwhile, sold well, as a new IP.

Stuff like Last Story and Pandora's Tower does count, but at some point does it magically entail that these three studios, which only make Nintendo franchises (save for Next Level Games which occasionally makes non-Nintendo games), should not be given a pass to make their own creative ventures?

I also take issue with the statement that any creativity related to an FPS or platform game be thrown into the Mario franchise. Making a fresh, original game is not just through gameplay, but through setting. If they had that principle earlier, we wouldn't see DKC, Kirby, Wario Land, Starfy, or Yoshi's Island.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#38SMASHKING84Posted 7/8/2013 2:32:37 PM
lol claiming punchout was "high risk" it would sell well PURELY on nostalgia.
a new ip even a digital only one is still a high risk.
because if it flops you're still f***ed either way.

regardless of wether or not the game is digital only buying it encourages people to make more new ip.
and nintendo owns gamefreak that doesn't make them a first party.
first party means you yourself did it(the you is nintendo)
a second party is an outside studio you own doing work for you.

every single one of nintendo's second parties they own 100%.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqkRU6WB10
#39WickedSickJoshPosted 7/8/2013 2:48:43 PM
Nintendo needs a new IP that involves a cat being a ninja. That's all I have to say. :P
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOA (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#40Mandrew257Posted 7/8/2013 4:24:07 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
Nintendo needs a new IP that involves a cat being a ninja. That's all I have to say. :P

Can we call the game "Cat Ninja"? :D
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where my opinion is wrong, and your opinion is right.