Zelda Minish Cap a good zelda to start?

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 7/7/2013 12:33:20 PM
Never really played a Zelda game from start to finish and could not really appreciate OoT3D (gave it to my brother and he traded it in). Is the Minish Cap a good zelda game to start?
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2masa8munePosted 7/7/2013 12:36:24 PM
OOT is the best zelda game and the best to jump right in if you dit not like OOT then zelda might not be for you.
---
Henryxolivia
"Special delivery!"
#3BluBat8891Posted 7/7/2013 12:37:53 PM
I've heard some people say it's one of the earliest games in the Zelda timeline (but not the first game made). From what I've played, it's pretty decent for a. It's just more surreal than previous entries.
---
3DS FC: 0946-2255-8746
PS3 Username: CrowTServo88
#4TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 12:39:28 PM
masa8mune posted...
OOT is the best zelda game and the best to jump right in if you dit not like OOT then zelda might not be for you.

If it were during the time where Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are games that I spent tons of hours then I guess I would have loved it. Did not go very far on OoT. I guess I will pick it up again when I see a cheap copy. I had fun with it but I was not that crazy about it though. I am starting to appreciate nintendo games now being someone who only love a couple of their titles.
---
#5loz246789Posted 7/7/2013 12:48:24 PM
It's ok not to like oot (I'm not a fan either-too many dungeons back to back with nothing particularly out of the ordinary to sink it's claws into you, IMO).
In terms of whether or not to go for Minish Cap, I'd say go for it, since while oot focuses more on dungeons and is in 3D, Minish Cap focuses more on side-quests and is in 2D, which could lead to a different experience which appeals more to you.
I would say however that even if Minish Cap fails to impress you, don't write off the series completely-there's a reason why the fan-base is often very divided over which game is the best in the series.
#6Willie_MakeitPosted 7/7/2013 12:50:49 PM
I'd say yeah. The Minish Cap was best top-down Zelda game ever made imo.
---
Sig.
#7TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 12:51:50 PM
loz246789 posted...
It's ok not to like oot (I'm not a fan either-too many dungeons back to back with nothing particularly out of the ordinary to sink it's claws into you, IMO).
In terms of whether or not to go for Minish Cap, I'd say go for it, since while oot focuses more on dungeons and is in 3D, Minish Cap focuses more on side-quests and is in 2D, which could lead to a different experience which appeals more to you.
I would say however that even if Minish Cap fails to impress you, don't write off the series completely-there's a reason why the fan-base is often very divided over which game is the best in the series.

Really want to get in the series and really see why a lot of people are so crazy about it. I want to know what the game really is. Ok I will try to play Minish.
---
#8BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/7/2013 12:53:30 PM
It's a great place to start, TC. It's got nice soothing graphics and music, it's mostly laidback and simple enough for beginners and it's well-designed. Not the very best IMO, but definitely go for it. After that, consider jumping into Link's Awakening and the Oracles, which are all on the eShop.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#9TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 12:56:40 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
It's a great place to start, TC. It's got nice soothing graphics and music, it's mostly laidback and simple enough for beginners and it's well-designed. Not the very best IMO, but definitely go for it. After that, consider jumping into Link's Awakening and the Oracles, which are all on the eShop.

Not that turned off graphically, I loved those type of graphics since it reminds me of my GBA days. Will see how things go and maybe I could start with the 2D ones and jump to OoT. I didn't play my phantom hourglass and that other game on the DS because of the controls.
---
#10Delirious_BeardPosted 7/7/2013 12:58:19 PM
Get dat Wind Waker son
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcjibxsGMv1renuivo1_400.gif http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/9084697791_4ae5661bdb_o.gif
DFA Scott