Zelda Minish Cap a good zelda to start?

#31GhetsisPosted 7/8/2013 8:34:17 AM
MarkMilton posted...
Minish Cap actually IS the first Zelda game, right? (story-wise)

so yeah, i'd say it's a decent place to start.

Second. Skyward Sword is first.

Though I don't think the timeline is a very good method for determining the order of the games.

Remember, the timeline was being argued for over a decade. If there was that much room for speculation, the connections between them (for the most part) were so thin that there isn't really a "correct" order to play them in.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#32dextorbootPosted 7/8/2013 8:43:14 AM
MarkMilton posted...
Minish Cap actually IS the first Zelda game, right? (story-wise)

so yeah, i'd say it's a decent place to start.

...but i had more fun with A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the Oracle games.

Skyward Sword is the first. Minish Cap is second. For the most part though there's no reason to worry about playing any of them out of order.
#33darklinkfan55Posted 7/8/2013 9:16:57 AM
try links awakening..
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
#34Warm_TapePosted 7/8/2013 10:45:54 AM(edited)
I wouldn't recommend it. It's an OK game from what i've played, but me and a friend of mine both started it, and put it down without completion. We both love the Zelda series too, but this one wasn't quite as gripping i don't think.

EDIT: BTW, i vote LttP as the best place to start, also best Zelda.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
#35codman4Posted 7/8/2013 10:49:39 AM
The only two Zelda games I have finished are the original and Minish Cap, and I've played almost all of them. So yeah, I'd say it's a solid starting point. I think it's a bit easier than most, so once you beat MC, you'll be more prepared to handle the other ones that hold your hand slightly less.