Your reaction: A Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen sequel is announced

#1WickedSickJoshPosted 7/8/2013 8:22:38 AM
Similar to Black2/White2, this would take place in the Kanto region a year or so after the original games. You start off a wannabe-trainer from Viridian City. You meet Blue, who is sort of the hero of the town since he's such a high ranked trainer who is now taking over the city's gym, and he recommends you to see his grandfather in assistance in starting an adventure. You then meet up with Oak, who gives you a Pokedex and a Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur starter, and you're on your way. You travel through all the cities of the first game as well as some new ones. You also get to see the evolution of how things came to be from the FireRed/LeafGreen Kanto to the SoulSilver/HeartGold Kanto. All along your journey you keep hearing about Red from other trainers and gym leaders, cementing his legacy as the best (who you get to fight at the very end similar to Gold/Silver).

What do you guys think? Reintroduce the original characters and Pokemon to a new generation or has that time passed us up?
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOS (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#2supremeblasterPosted 7/8/2013 8:24:22 AM
That pretty much sounds like Gold/Silver, except no Johto.
#3Nostalgia_3Posted 7/8/2013 8:28:48 AM
I don't know if you missed it, but HGSS are sequels to FRLG, just like the original GSC were sequels to RBY.
#4StephenYap3Posted 7/8/2013 12:51:47 PM
I'd be bouncing off walls in excitement.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#5GambitAcePosted 7/8/2013 2:04:02 PM
A HGSS sequel would be better, with a 3rd region to visit in addition to Kanto/Johto.
---
how do you turn this on?
#6DalekZeroPosted 7/8/2013 2:08:43 PM
Ever since I've played the original crystal, I've wanted a Pokemon game which spans all regions. Make it happen Nintendo.
---
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)
#7AzardeaPosted 7/8/2013 3:23:09 PM
I'd prefer a Ruby/Sapphire sequel
#8XashowdPosted 7/8/2013 3:24:34 PM
After the Ruby/Sapphire remakes are released, we can talk about another Gen 1 title. After all, R/S came out before FR/LG. If we're gonna follow a trend, let's follow it all the way.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.