New Club Nintendo promo: Buy FE:A and SMT4, get $30 eShop credit.

#111FR432Posted 7/9/2013 6:05:22 AM(edited)
VictorTalent posted...
CAPSAR posted...
Icewitch posted...
That's really stupid of them if they shut out day 1 FE owners on the promo. You know, the people who supported the franchise immediately and at full price.

Wouldn't it just make people less likely to buy at launch in the future? Waiting for "dat promo"? If they do that Nintendo/CN are even dumber than I thought.

Promos are there to help push sales of games up. Even if it's already a popular game with great sales.

It's not like it would cause any less sales by including those who already bought it, though. It'd be nice if they threw us a bone too.

This promo would actually get me to buy SMT4. I have a bunch of credit on my ds so with cash back it'd be like dropping 5 or 10 bucks on the game? I'd be in on that.
Edit: shucks, smt is 50 on the eshop too? At 20 bucks I'd have to think about it a bit more.
#112Flamingace18Posted 7/9/2013 6:02:53 AM
How does one register a game that he downloaded off the Eshop? I downloaded Awakening at midnight on the release, but I never registered it (to my knowledge). How do I register it?
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#113slidecage2020Posted 7/9/2013 6:06:18 AM
Socran posted...
Did they take it down or something? I'm looking at the eShop right now, and I don't see anything in between Mario and Lego Thundercats (or whatever the heck that is), let alone anywhere else.

probally was not to go up till next week so they removed it
#114FR432Posted 7/9/2013 6:06:54 AM
Flamingace18 posted...
How does one register a game that he downloaded off the Eshop? I downloaded Awakening at midnight on the release, but I never registered it (to my knowledge). How do I register it?

You had to link your club Nintendo account to your ds before you purchased it, it would have automatically been added to your to-do list. You could call Nintendo if you didn't do this, they've been known to help in this instance, but I don't know with this amount of time between purchase and call.
#115Flamingace18Posted 7/9/2013 6:10:26 AM
FR432 posted...
Flamingace18 posted...

You had to link your club Nintendo account to your ds before you purchased it, it would have automatically been added to your to-do list. You could call Nintendo if you didn't do this, they've been known to help in this instance, but I don't know with this amount of time between purchase and call.

I linked it forever ago. Every time I go to Club Nintendo it want's me to register Awakening. I checked the history and I got 10 for downloading it, but the not the usualy 40 you get for registering a game.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#116dextorbootPosted 7/9/2013 6:28:18 AM
Just as an FYI, I had the same image on my eshop for about an hour. Same message about going to the game page for details. Nothing on the game page. Then later it went away. So maybe someone just released the artwork a little early.
#117smifypzPosted 7/9/2013 6:39:30 AM
I already registered my copy of FE: A, so I hope it will still apply
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:LunarFantasy
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#118UnitedVandalismPosted 7/9/2013 8:37:31 AM(edited)
http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Information for the deal is up!

Must purchase both games by August 31st, physical and digital work, and it looks like people who redeemed FE previously are still eligible. Woo.
#119OoSubaruoOPosted 7/9/2013 8:39:05 AM(edited)
UnitedVandalism posted...
http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Information for the deal is up!

Must purchase both games by September something, physical and digital work, and it looks like people who redeemed FE previously are still eligible. Woo.

It says register both by August 31st.

Seems like people who bought the FE 3DS can apply as well;

If you purchased the Fire Emblem: Awakening hardware bundle, you must link your Nintendo 3DS system to your Club Nintendo account and complete the registration survey for Shin Megami Tensei IV to qualify for the promotion.
#120Icewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:43:22 AM(edited)
Digital and physical both count, it sounds like an already-registered FE counts, but they don't explicitly state it anywhere as a fact.

It just says "register both by August 31", and mentions that the FE hardware bundle counts.
---
"iwata has gone mad with power, he's the obama of video games" - C411_youngmoney