Getting a 3DS tomorrow, please help me decide which one

#11mad9671Posted 7/10/2013 3:24:51 AM
couchtater4444 posted...
mad9671 posted...
Ice white 3DS :- can be mistaken for a mobile phone. And looks pleasing to play anywhere. So avoids unwanted attention ! Just my Personal opinion !

If a person mistakes an ice white 3ds for a cell phone, then they're pretty stupid.

People at my place mistook my PSP 1004 (phat) for a mobile phone in 2007. So they can easily mistake a white 3DS for a mobile phone too(Nintendo is officially absent in my country).
---
---3DS:4811-7170-1062. Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have a character:-Pulp Fiction
#12XenilPosted 7/10/2013 3:26:19 AM
The red 3DSXL looks the least tacky imo.
#13DalekZeroPosted 7/10/2013 3:36:49 AM(edited)
Scrubedge posted...
Thanks guys, I guess I'll go with a XL, unless I decide to get several games instead.

But honestly, I'm kind of surprised at the results. Almost every 3DS owner I know has told me that the XL version doesn't offer enough for the price.

It has bigger screens, its sleeker, it's matte instead of glossy, it has a longer battery life, its more comfortable to hold, the stylus is I'm a better place, it has sturdier hinges, the 3d has a wider angle and is therefore easier to use, it fixed an issue where the top screen would get scratched by the bottem screen, and it comes with a bigger memory card

That's why I bought the xl. After using my friends regular 3ds, the xl is better aesthetically and is more ergonomic. My hands don't get fatigued with the xl as they did with the regular 3 ds. It is definitely worth the extra 50 euros.
---
The official Brahman of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
#14DeathSoul2000Posted 7/10/2013 5:22:09 AM
It has bigger screens,
thats the least you should expect from an "xl" version

its sleeker,
i guess...

it's matte instead of glossy,
which makes no difference

it has a longer battery life,
if you call 30 mins "longer....."

its more comfortable to hold,
still digs in at the front

the stylus is I'm a better place,
like every ds before the 3ds

it has sturdier hinges,
i guess

the 3d has a wider angle and is therefore easier to use,
except some people have actually said the sweet spot is smaller but whatever....

it fixed an issue where the top screen would get scratched by the bottem screen,
its still there, not as widespread but it is still there

and it comes with a bigger memory card
sure
#15MarkMiltonPosted 7/10/2013 6:41:53 AM
Scrubedge posted...
Thanks guys, I guess I'll go with a XL, unless I decide to get several games instead.

But honestly, I'm kind of surprised at the results. Almost every 3DS owner I know has told me that the XL version doesn't offer enough for the price.

i think the issue is it may not offer enough for the price... to upgrade

which is a very fair assessment. dropping another $200 for a bigger screen, longer battery life, and more memory is a lot to consider... especially if you're (like me) and dropped a pretty good chunk of change on the old 3DS.

but from a pure, new adopter POV, the XL makes a lot more sense than the old version... unless it's a special edition, which will vary from person-to-person.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#16DalekZeroPosted 7/10/2013 7:00:31 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
It has bigger screens,
thats the least you should expect from an "xl" version

its sleeker,
i guess...

it's matte instead of glossy,
which makes no difference

it has a longer battery life,
if you call 30 mins "longer....."

its more comfortable to hold,
still digs in at the front

the stylus is I'm a better place,
like every ds before the 3ds

it has sturdier hinges,
i guess

the 3d has a wider angle and is therefore easier to use,
except some people have actually said the sweet spot is smaller but whatever....

it fixed an issue where the top screen would get scratched by the bottem screen,
its still there, not as widespread but it is still there

and it comes with a bigger memory card
sure

I just offered my opinion. Oh, and maybe it's just my OCD, but I can't stand glossy because of all the smudges. So that's why i included it. And it is better to hold for someone who has big hands, like me. And the battery life difference is more than 30 minutes.
---
The official Brahman of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)