Will There Ever Be Another Igavania?

#1zealouscloudsPosted 7/9/2013 1:12:40 PM
Isn't it about time Konami allows Iga to make another Castlevania game?

It would probably be a 2.5D thing...I would buy it.
---
3DS FC: 0774 - 5347 - 8629
#2GhetsisPosted 7/9/2013 1:13:36 PM
I sure hope not.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3stargazer64Posted 7/9/2013 1:27:25 PM
I sure hope so.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#4Shadow Stalker XPosted 7/9/2013 1:29:07 PM
I would like them to make it. He certainly does better with it than MercurySteam. Though I don't know how much more to the storyline they can put into the original Castlevania storyline. I would like to see the Battle of 1999, though.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 7/9/2013 1:30:17 PM
If it's not another Metroidvania, sure.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 7/9/2013 1:35:04 PM
Probably not. Konami is stupid like that.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7trigin12Posted 7/9/2013 1:50:15 PM
Considering Lords of Shadow 2 is the last being made in that series/style, probably.
---
http://i.imgur.com/eZH2m.gif
http://www.mediabeast.net - A podcast worth listening to
#8Shuo_RagnarokPosted 7/9/2013 2:03:11 PM
We need to go back to the Classicvania formula and expand upon it. Games like Dracula's Curse, Dracula X Chronicles and Adventure ReBirth fell onto something good with the split paths feature that offered replay value on an otherwise linear adventure, so there's definitely room for innovation on the formula that Castlevania was born with. The series needs to shift away from the poisoning that Iga had done with the Metroidvania games. It was good on a start, but it obviously went stale before it ended.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#9zealousclouds(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 2:17:03 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
We need to go back to the Classicvania formula and expand upon it. Games like Dracula's Curse, Dracula X Chronicles and Adventure ReBirth fell onto something good with the split paths feature that offered replay value on an otherwise linear adventure, so there's definitely room for innovation on the formula that Castlevania was born with. The series needs to shift away from the poisoning that Iga had done with the Metroidvania games. It was good on a start, but it obviously went stale before it ended.

I would like a Classicvania as well, but who's going to make it? I don't want Konami to outsource the development.

Maybe Iga could make a more classic style Castlevania--he produced Rebirth, after all.
---
3DS FC: 0774 - 5347 - 8629
#10chestershadowPosted 7/9/2013 2:22:57 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
If it's not another Metroidvania, sure.

Why?

The LoS games arent even castlevania. The story is the most non-canon you can be. Period. The gameplay is a poor man's god of war, with QTE out the ass, and the characters are even less dimensional than the silent protagonist approach of even the classicvanias. The exploration elements are incredibly linear, and I really don't understand why anyone enjoyed that pos of a spinoff series to begin with. It has virtually no redeeming qualities and it doesnt help Mercury are awful as a dev.

Theres a reason MoD bombed harder than Bomberman Act Zero (just an assumption, but a fair one to make, considering Konami mentioned how badly it sold).