Do I need wi-fi to complete Pokemon Conquest and Pokemon Ranger 2 & 3?

#1pokefan83Posted 7/9/2013 5:47:32 PM
Never got around to these games before and am thinking of getting them. Problem is my wi-fi router doesn't let some DS games through to the internet. So I need to know if this will stop me from fully playing these games, including bonus wi-fi missions.
#2Thunderbird8Posted 7/9/2013 6:31:07 PM
The bonus Wi-Fi missions on Pokemon Conquest stopped being distributed several months ago, though apparently there are passwords that will unlock them. Conquest is DSi enhanced (can use WPA, not that it matters anymore though), but the Ranger games are not.
#3pokefan83(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:55:09 AM
You're right. I did find passwords for Pokemon Conquest, which makes me wonder why they bothered with the wi-fi. What about the Pokemon Ranger games, are there passwords for those games too? Also heard that PR3 has missions that REQUIRE two or more players to complete, is that true?
#4OoSubaruoOPosted 7/11/2013 8:58:05 AM
pokefan83 posted...
You're right. I did find passwords for Pokemon Conquest, which makes me wonder why they bothered with the wi-fi. What about the Pokemon Ranger games, are there passwords for those games too? Also heard that PR3 has missions that REQUIRE two or more players to complete, is that true?

They bothered with the Wi-Fi, because all you had to do was download them. Making it easier. With Passwords, you have to enter each letter/number individually. Taking longer.
#5Mario maniacPosted 7/11/2013 9:18:18 AM
pokefan83 posted...

I think the mission that requires multiple players is the downloadable Deoxys mission, which isn't available anymore. If you're able to use them, I'm sure a save file here or Action Replay code will unlock the Ranger missions for you.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 XBL: Wario waniac Wii U: Mario_maniac
#6pokefan83(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 11:32:03 AM
So the Ranger missions are on the game card, just locked? I know they're frowned upon, but I have an AR so that shouldn't be a problem. Is Deoxys the ONLY mission I can't do alone? Everyone I know are Nintendo haters so I've got no one to do it with.
#7pokefan83(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:06:37 PM
If there are Action Replay codes for the Ranger special missions, could someone please post them for me? I can't find them.