I know this topic has probably been done, but is there a RIGHT way to use 3D?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I know this topic has probably been done, but is there a RIGHT way to use 3D?
2 years ago#1
I don't know if its just my eyes or the way I'm holding my system, but I can't seem to focus on the 3d for very long. I'll use OOT as an example, because I'm playing through it right now, and IMO, it looks great in 3d.

So, I'll be walking through a town, doing fine, and then I talk to someone, it zooms in, and my eyes go out of focus and I can't concentrate on either Link or the other person. And when I get an item, say, a, bottle, I am unable to focus on it no matter WHAT I do. Additionally, just using the 3d normally, I can't look at it for three minutes without snapping out of focus for some reason. I'm not moving around when playing, and I have motion controls off, so my head isn't moving much either. So, I must ask, is there a preferred angle/way to view the 3ds while using 3d? I've heard of this dreaded "sweet spot", but I didn't think it was this bad. It's not too big of a deal to play in 2d (I prefer playing some games that way, like FE), but for games where the environment really pops out at you, I'd like to know if there's a way to hold the 3ds better.

TL;DR, I can't focus on the screen when using 3d, is there a "proper" way to hold it?
---
The official Brahman of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
2 years ago#2
Just crank it up to 11 and let the 3ds speak to you
---
"It's a gift... and a curse." - Monk
http://gaminglunatic.drupalgardens.com/ hello. this is my blog. thank you.
2 years ago#3
You get used to it D, I had the same issue. After 8-10 hours our superior brains adapt.
2 years ago#4
The brain thinks it needs to adjust for distance and gets confused. You will get used to it.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
Never ever look up at a tv, doing so will result in deformed gamer face syndrome. metazim53
2 years ago#5
I couldn't take the 3D. Which is weird because our living room TV is 3D. I ended up tossing my cookies...from Mario 3D Land >_>;
---
http://imgur.com/JGA4ofp.gif
"Between [Men's Room Mayhem] and Superfrog HHHHHHDDDDD, the Vita will be the best handheld of all time!!!!" --- mike_411
2 years ago#6
Yeah your brain will adjust with time. Eventually you can even use the gyroscope aiming on ocarina of time while keeping the 3d intact without any effort. The whole dreaded sweet spot thing is blown out of proportion, in my opinion.

I used to get headaches for the first week I had mine, also went away.
2 years ago#7
darkdragongirl posted...
I couldn't take the 3D. Which is weird because our living room TV is 3D. I ended up tossing my cookies...from Mario 3D Land >_>;

You still need to add my friend code. :(
---
The official Brahman of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
2 years ago#8
DalekZero posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

You still need to add my friend code. :(

:O

oh yeah. Okay right on that.
---
http://imgur.com/JGA4ofp.gif
"Between [Men's Room Mayhem] and Superfrog HHHHHHDDDDD, the Vita will be the best handheld of all time!!!!" --- mike_411
2 years ago#9
The right way is to set is to set the slider to the off position.
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
2 years ago#10
I think the 3d is used effectively in Mario 3d land in the tutorial... I know its said... but that\s really the only excuse I can come up with
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I know this topic has probably been done, but is there a RIGHT way to use 3D?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived