Pokemon is terrible. SMT is awesome. How come?

#81Aura_SpherePosted 7/12/2013 5:33:48 PM
becuas e xD o___o :0
---
3DS FC - (0748-2142-5452)
#82JaybirdXPosted 7/16/2013 1:00:36 PM
Because for some weird reason this SMT is better pokemon suck just popped out of no where because they both are RPGs for the 3DS.

Both series offer different experiences despite both being RPGs and I can assume neither are looking to compete against each other. I mean the new pokemon doesn't come out till October so its highly unlikely to affect SMT sales.

And sense this is the the internet its either or its not possible to enjoy both pokemon and the SMT series.
#83DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/16/2013 1:12:35 PM
JaybirdX posted...
Because for some weird reason this SMT is better pokemon suck just popped out of no where because they both are RPGs for the 3DS.

Both series offer different experiences despite both being RPGs and I can assume neither are looking to compete against each other. I mean the new pokemon doesn't come out till October so its highly unlikely to affect SMT sales.

And sense this is the the internet its either or its not possible to enjoy both pokemon and the SMT series.

Why couldn't you let this awful topic die?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#84guedesbrawlPosted 7/16/2013 1:32:09 PM
Well, yolu can say that Pokemon did the ''mon'' thing AFTER SMT introduced the concept...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#85MegaMettaurPosted 7/16/2013 1:33:28 PM
chestershadow posted...
KGTrigger posted...
Lol preparing for multiplayer. Please tell me you guys don't take "metagame" seriously.

They do, and considering theyre not 15 anymore, its sad. Pokemon's mp is about as broken as you can get.

Lol.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#86Buttery_ToastPosted 7/16/2013 1:37:39 PM
I love both. Screw the haters.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#87FaustXIIPosted 7/16/2013 1:53:12 PM(edited)
Ghetsis posted...
Not to mention when SMT tried to rip off Pokemon, the resulting games, while still good, were nowhere near as great as Pokemon.

Are you talking about Persona? Dude... At least they have a story that isn't "oh lets beat all the gym leaders and become a champ.. Ohhhh look at these evil guyz, they want to become gods! And/or rip off NGE! How original! Oh and lets recycle the same game 6 times and introduce this new concept because IT'S DEEP/EDGY." "Look Pokemon changed! Now you buy the next 3 generations!!"

At least they have stories that tackle some of modern humanity's greatest and deepest fears, insecurities and shortcomings.
#88EndgamePosted 7/16/2013 1:59:25 PM

you got it backwards

well.... okay, the Fifth Generation ruined Pokémon, but still
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#89SMASHKING84Posted 7/18/2013 12:24:46 AM
Endgame posted...

you got it backwards

well.... okay, the Fifth Generation ruined Pokémon, but still

again how is a radish not food?(oddish)
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9MqJH1oMs
#90themegaman7Posted 7/18/2013 12:46:45 AM
No and Yes. They're both awesome. SMT has just a overall better track record.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -