Shin Megami Tensei IV or Fire Emblem Awakening?

#211upsuperPosted 7/10/2013 9:39:19 PM
DavidZ2844 posted...
EM_Mega posted...
The two aren't similiar, even if they are both RPGS the strengths each game has is completely different.

To choose between them is to choose between two completely different experiences.

Hmm. In what ways are they different? They're both turn based RPGs right? Sorry I'm new to this JRPG thing.

Oh lawdy. You really need to look up some gameplay and educate yourself more on these if you think they're similar, even as a novice to the genre. They are intrinsically different games.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#22DavidZ2844(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:51:47 PM
So the main difference I'm seeing is FE uses a tactical game board to maneuver and SMT IV is 3D movement? I'm such a noob, but I want to experience more kinds of JRPGs other than Pokemon.
#23SazukeEXPosted 7/10/2013 10:43:12 PM
FE:A is more beginner friendly, is cheaper, and you really get attached to all of the characters in the game due to the support system.

SMT IV hasn't been released yet so... Yeah.

Personally I say get both but if it's either or get FE:A as I, personally, have poured hundreds of hours into it.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#24Gandalf the IstariPosted 7/11/2013 4:31:13 AM
I always get confused for a minute when I realize that other people think of Pokemon as a JRPG.
#25nazacuckooPosted 7/11/2013 4:40:16 AM
Haven't played SMT IV because I'm from Europe, but FE:A is a really good game.
My current favourite handheld game. Well, tied with Animal Crossing new leaf, that is.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#26profDEADPOOLPosted 7/11/2013 5:07:05 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
I always get confused for a minute when I realize that other people think of Pokemon as a JRPG.

Well it is a roleplaying game and it is from Japan...

Anyways TC I would get Awakening if you can't get both.

But try to get both.
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, Cable and X-Force, GA, Larfleeze, JL 3000, Saga, Sex Criminals and Quantum and Woody
#27FR432Posted 7/11/2013 5:10:43 AM
darkdragongirl posted...
Fire Emblem.

Hopefully after the first runs of SMT IV are finished they will release the game by itself for $40. If not then buy it full price and sell the extras for profit.

edit: then use that money to purchase FE, and then get the 30 dollar credit.

Don't expect any sort of price change. It's still $50 in the eShop.
#28bdavis93Posted 7/11/2013 5:30:42 AM
helldew posted...
Here's one thing to consider though: Atlus games tend to get rare a bit after release unless you search online or on the EShop.

Fire emblem games get stupidly rare to. hell FE9 costs more then a pretty penny ATM.

But the eShop won't be running out of digital copies anytime soon.
#29chestershadowPosted 7/11/2013 7:15:55 AM
bdavis93 posted...
helldew posted...
Here's one thing to consider though: Atlus games tend to get rare a bit after release unless you search online or on the EShop.

Fire emblem games get stupidly rare to. hell FE9 costs more then a pretty penny ATM.

At $50 a copy, its pretty stupid to go digital unless you really cant find a physical copy. All that free stuff in the launch copies (plus that free $30) makes the $50 pricetag much more worthwhile.
#30profDEADPOOLPosted 7/11/2013 7:19:23 AM(edited)
bdavis93 posted...
helldew posted...

If you are going to get one digital it should be FE:A
---
Pull List(trades in quote)-Hawkguy, Young Avengers, X-Men Legacy, FF, Cable and X-Force, GA, Larfleeze, JL 3000, Saga, Sex Criminals and Quantum and Woody