How do all the underage 3ds gamers here without a job get new games???

#1gfaqsterPosted 7/12/2013 1:10:15 AM
Ok so I have a good amount of friends from this board since launch and I've noticed that some of them are not 16+ or 18+ years old.

They are minors, don't have a job and get EVERY new AAA 3DS release.
How do they do this?

does mommy and daddy buy the games whenever a new 40 buck 3ds game comes out?
Do they use the money grandma gives them for their Birthday?

I'm just confused because how does a 12 year old or 14 year old kid buy EVERY new AAA 3ds title on launch day and has like 25+ 3DS games now?

I know some of you on this board that fit this so how do you do it?
Can you explain?

I mean I'm 19, in College and have a job and thats how I buy my games but sometimes I can't get them all because of funds.

Yet I see some 13 year old here that I'm friends with that will get every Nintendo game release on 3ds.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2MCcakePosted 7/12/2013 1:14:58 AM
$40 a month doesn't sound too hard o3o I buy games one at a time so I don't get bored with my 3ds right away.
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 7/12/2013 1:21:44 AM
Chavs + jobseekers = question answered
#4HellsingOrgPosted 7/12/2013 1:33:17 AM
looks for pikachupwnage for answers.

But anyway I think they might sell previous 3ds games to gamestop for the newer games and i'm sure the average kid today has a few 10 dollar bills in their savings to save up for a new 3ds game every month right?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#5robomasteralphaPosted 7/12/2013 1:46:59 AM
Back when I was in High School, I used to save up what was left over from my lunch money to buy the occasional game. So that's a possibility.
---
Shop smart. Shop Mario Mart.
#6x_stevey_xPosted 7/12/2013 1:47:45 AM
tc sounds jelly. i love when people go to college at the ripe age of 18 because they are "supposed to" even though they are far too young to know what they want to do, realize after they graduate that they went to college for something they don't care about, are in a ton of a debt, and still can't get a job better than mcdonalds. then they become bitter and make a point to ridicule anyone who went about their life in a way different than they did.

tc-don't be jelly. if you're upset with the way your life is going change it!
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 7/12/2013 2:08:06 AM
Nothing wrong with parents buying you games when you're under age. My mom cut me off at 16 for luxury stuff tho because in the real world (not your fantasy world TC) we can work at 16.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8Boneca91Posted 7/12/2013 2:08:59 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
tc sounds jelly. i love when people go to college at the ripe age of 18 because they are "supposed to" even though they are far too young to know what they want to do, realize after they graduate that they went to college for something they don't care about, are in a ton of a debt, and still can't get a job better than mcdonalds. then they become bitter and make a point to ridicule anyone who went about their life in a way different than they did.

tc-don't be jelly. if you're upset with the way your life is going change it!

Oh god this.

It's a good thing my cousin didn't go to law school even though his dad was forcing him to "because", otherwise he would have been dead in the water.
---
PSN:GenkiMGP
#9nonexistingheroPosted 7/12/2013 2:20:27 AM(edited)
A ton of kids get an allowance. They can do whatever they want with it, since parents still pay for their clothes and everything else on top of that. If they get $10 a week it means they can buy about a game a month. They can also do some work, like babysitting or mowing the lawn for some money. Then they also get games gifted with Christmas and their birthdays.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10SazukeEXPosted 7/12/2013 2:28:17 AM
Same way I got games as a kid.

I mowed lawns and was REALLY good leading up to my birthday and Christmas so my parents might spoil me with a game.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.