How do all the underage 3ds gamers here without a job get new games???

#121LyokoNinjaPosted 7/12/2013 11:48:54 AM
I tutor my peers and lower grade students in math for a lot less than teachers in the area, but I still end up helping a great deal. That's how I afford my stuff. That, and a monthly allowance.
#122blackmorePosted 7/12/2013 12:10:16 PM
I have been working since I was 12...so not sure what the issue is.
---
http://s9.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants_RPG/index/
#123SlyHobbesPosted 7/12/2013 12:11:58 PM
bubbas111 posted...
It was like a fifteenth of what my dad makes an hour. But yeah it was a lot and I was really blessed to be raised in a wealthy family whose dad worked his ass off to become a doctor.

In highschool it was partially because I was always in sports and when I wasn't at a practice I was probably in some sort of weight room until about 7 every day.

Still, bro, that's a lot. My dad's an accountant, so in the top earners and all, most I ever got was like $5 a week. You're just lucky, man. Haha, please don't take this as jealous or anything.
---
WHO KNOWS PSN: SlyHobbes 3DS friend code: 2750 1176 9837
#124CoolFangsPosted 7/12/2013 12:15:15 PM(edited)
Some kids get an allowance, others are just spoiled. Personally I used to get most of my money either babysitting or mowing the lawn.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Hotline Miami
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
#125PookyKittyPosted 7/12/2013 12:22:26 PM(edited)
I'm not underage, but I also don't work. I am a housewife and my husband buys all my games for me. I suppose you could say I work for it with cooking, cleaning etc. . .

When I was a kid my dad bought me all my games. Thanks to that I had a childhood full of awesome games and nostalgia. I think it's awesome parents buy games for their kids. :D As long as they deserve it >_>

My husband isn't rich in the slightest, but we always manage to afford new games just fine. Sometimes we have to get two copies if there is multiplayer, like with Animal Crossing.
#126Fight_The_PowerPosted 7/12/2013 12:16:36 PM
There's this kid on my friends list who's 13 years old who keeps making notes in swapnotes begging for prepaid cards so he can get Animal Crossing.

I think he probably posts on this board too.
---
The JahMan has cometh once again... and he is here to stay.
3DS FC: 0018-0111-4675. J.O.D. from Napoleon. Dream Address: 5400-2159-0837
#127RazieruPosted 7/12/2013 12:22:25 PM
gfaqster posted...
Ok so I have a good amount of friends from this board since launch and I've noticed that some of them are not 16+ or 18+ years old.

Now we have confirmation of the average age group for users on this site, albeit obvious.

They are minors, don't have a job and get EVERY new AAA 3DS release.
How do they do this?

does mommy and daddy buy the games whenever a new 40 buck 3ds game comes out?
Do they use the money grandma gives them for their Birthday?

You....just answered your own question.
---
Suspension of Disbelief = EVERY Fan Boy
#128JC118201Posted 7/12/2013 12:32:20 PM
When I was young and there was a game that I wanted, I would save up my allowance every week. I would also use the money that I received from my birthday. My parents would sometimes chip in some money for my games.
---
"Defeat has brought me anger... Anger which leads to victory!"-Sagat
"Your weakness will not satisfy my vengeful rage!"-Sagat
#129SlyHobbesPosted 7/12/2013 1:11:34 PM
Fight_The_Power posted...
There's this kid on my friends list who's 13 years old who keeps making notes in swapnotes begging for prepaid cards so he can get Animal Crossing.

I think he probably posts on this board too.

That's just disgraceful. It's hardly necessary for life.
---
WHO KNOWS PSN: SlyHobbes 3DS friend code: 2750 1176 9837
#130PsychoWolfXPosted 7/12/2013 1:23:21 PM
Don't you have to be at least 13 to have a account on Gamefaqs? that may be too young to hold down a real job, but it's plenty old enough to go around doing odd jobs in the neighborhood for a bit of spending money. I used to chop wood, mow lawns, ect at that age and would earn $5-$10 a hour(usually closer to $5) Kids don't have to worry about paying for food, gas, bills, rent, so every penny earned is profit. It doesn't really take that long for a kid to save up $40 if they are determined enough and have half decent budgeting skills.

And then of course there are plenty of stupid rich people there who just buy their kids whatever they ask for.