Is it true Reggie doesn't like Mother series!?

#121_21Posted 7/12/2013 9:47:23 AM
Wait a sec, Reggie doesn't like Earthbound!? THAT'S why we didn't get Mother 3!?!?!?
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Gods Eater Burst, and Jeanne D'arc
#2masa8munePosted 7/12/2013 9:49:38 AM
when did he said that?
---
Henryxolivia
"Special delivery!"
#3IcewitchPosted 7/12/2013 9:49:56 AM
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/14/reggiehead.jpg
---
"iwata has gone mad with power, he's the obama of video games" - C411_youngmoney
#4ArcRay20Posted 7/12/2013 9:50:26 AM
i heard it was because he had a bad run with the series in the past.
something to do with him being responsible for the ad campaign for Earthbound and it failed, so he was responsible. and that was the reason he didnt like it.

it sounds stupid either way.
---
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour. -Arc Ray
[PSN: Arc_Ray] [3DS FC: 3866-8021-1637]
#5GloryChaosPosted 7/12/2013 9:51:18 AM
He never said that. We didn't get Mother 3 due to lack of perceived fan interest. Hell, Itoi seemed surprised when he found out that foriegners enjoyed earthbound.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 9:51:18 AM
masa8mune posted...
when did he said that?

Comments circulating around this site and the others. People claim that the reason Mother 3 wasn't localized was because Reggie hates Mother series as opposed to other stuffs like copyright, etc.

I'm pretty sure it has to be a joke, but others are taking it too seriously.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Gods Eater Burst, and Jeanne D'arc
#7Face_LostPosted 7/12/2013 9:51:42 AM
It's not that great honestly. I played it last year having heard all the hype about it since forever, and it's a cute game and has a neat environment and mood and great music, but the plot and characters are totally thin and the gameplay is nearly excruciating.

If this is true though that blows cause I think the other games at least deserve a release here.
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
3DS FC: 3652-0749-4918
#821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 9:52:31 AM
ArcRay20 posted...
i heard it was because he had a bad run with the series in the past.
something to do with him being responsible for the ad campaign for Earthbound and it failed, so he was responsible. and that was the reason he didnt like it.

it sounds stupid either way.

Holy s*** Reggie should feel ashamed of that ad campaign XD
---
Currently playing:
#9Genericgamer667Posted 7/12/2013 9:53:31 AM
is it like the whole Miyamoto hates DK bs?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#1021_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 9:53:57 AM
Face_Lost posted...
It's not that great honestly. I played it last year having heard all the hype about it since forever, and it's a cute game and has a neat environment and mood and great music, but the plot and characters are totally thin and the gameplay is nearly excruciating.

If this is true though that blows cause I think the other games at least deserve a release here.

Are you referring to Earthbound or Mother 3, because either way I think you're being too harsh. But in case you're referring to Earthbound, give Mother 3 a chance, as it's unanimously regarded as the better game. Even people who didn't like Earthbound enjoyed Mother 3 a lot.
---
Currently playing: