What's the better Pokemon game duo out?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the better Pokemon game duo out?
2 years ago#1
I hear mixed opinions. I haven't heard of any pokemon since Gen 2. I was thinking HG/SS but others tell me to get B/W2
---
PSN - TheAmazingNapkin
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." Andrew Ryan
2 years ago#2
B/W 2 is Gen 5. HG/SS is Gen 4.
So,y'know, if you want to say with the times, then go with B/W 2.

Though you could be asking something else here that I'm not getting. >__>

Slightly off-topic: Why do you ask?
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
2 years ago#3
or buy pokemon X/Y on October
---
You are not truly a man (or woman) until you are at level 42.
~ Oscar Wilde on Roleplaying games
2 years ago#4
I personally think HG/SS are the best Pokemon games I've ever played. I suggest playing one of those, then nabbing X or Y in October if you're still with Pokemon at that point.

Or, like someone else said, go B/W to stay current.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos / 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing: Dark Souls, Monster Hunter 3U
2 years ago#5
Here are the GameFAQ user averages for the current Pokemon games (with several hundred to thousands of vote for each game) based on collection stats. I think they're pretty accurate.

1. Pokemon White 2: 8.85
2. Pokemon HeartGold: 8.83
2. Pokemon SoulSilver: 8.83
4. Pokemon Platinum: 8.76
5. Pokemon Black 2: 8.74
6. Pokemon Black: 8.59
7. Pokemon White: 8.55
8. Pokemon Diamond: 8.36
9. Pokemon Pearl: 8.35

Big things to get out of these scores:

Remakes (BW2, Platinum, HGSS) tend to be better regarded than the original game. Many reasons- some include a better post game, more polish, a better variety of Pokemon, more features, subtle improvements.

There isn't a huge difference between the version you choose, in terms of quality.

The games aren't very far apart in quality- the difference between an 8.85 and an 8.35 is quite slight. In other words, it's perfectly acceptable to have Pearl be your favorite game and BW2 your least favorite. I think every single one of these games has a 4.5 star average on Amazon. You can't go wrong with any of them- the only exception being that Platinum is as a whole regarded as a much more polished version of Diamond and Pearl (so that's the one advised).
---
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to defy logic.
2 years ago#6
If you stopped playing at gen II, I suggest HG/SS in order to catch up to the battle mechanics and other gameplay improvements while still retaining the familiarity of pokemon.

After that, I suggest gen 5. BW then B2W2 if possible, if not, just B2W2.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
2 years ago#7
Start with HG/SS to ease you into the new mechanics. Grab a cheap copy of Diamond or Pearl as well. (Cheapest of the more current games online) This way you have a large pool of new and old Pokemon to draw on for the next step.

Grab a copy of B/W 1, there are no returning Pokemon until after the E4 so you get to learn a lot about the new Pokemon without a crutch to fall back on. Post E4 you can bring all your old pokemon over into Gen 5.

For B/W 2 if you want to play them, I suggest breeding eggs of all the Pokemon you want to use and trade them over as eggs and use that team to play through the game.

After this you have a whole set of Pokemon and games ready to make the jump to gen 6 on the 3DS.

If you truly get hooked, grab a DS Lite and some of the GBA games (FR/LG, RSE) and have every gen covered.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
2 years ago#8
In my opinion, HGSS are the best Pokemon games that there are. They got me back into the series.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's the better Pokemon game duo out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived