3DS analog unresponsive/slow response?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS analog unresponsive/slow response?
2 years ago#1
So my 3DS's analog stick, or, "circle pad" is either unresponsive, or responds within a second. Probably because of my 300+ hours spent on MH3U, but I digress. I first noticed it around two weeks ago, then it got progressively worse, to the point of being unresponsive or having 1 second response times. Haven't hunted since last week.

I tried calibrating it, no luck. I can even tell the response times are off during the green triangles part. The analog also has trouble going into diagonal positions, only reaches halfway. I tried blowing into it, like blowing into the DS's shoulder buttons. Didn't work. Tried picking out the weird grime in the small crevice with a paperclip. If it worked, I wouldn't be posting here asking for help, so you can guess how that went.

Bit of a dilemma, one of the games I've been waiting on for many, many years is about to come out for 3DS in less than 4 days. So I can't send it in for repairs, not just yet. Tried looking for replacement analog, all online shops either only ship to US, or I have to wait 1 week for shipping, which actually means 2. Can't afford another 3DS, I just bought mine a couple months ago.. Is there a simple fix to get it working? Anything, as long as it lasts 2 weeks or so. I'll just send it in to Nin10doh afterwards. Or better yet, is there a place that sells 3DS parts in the 604 region? Anywhere within the Lower Mainland, if anyone here knows, please let me know.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS analog unresponsive/slow response?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived