Can a normal 3DS's cartridge slot mess up and be unable to read games?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/13/2013 3:29:39 AM
Okay, so I got a copy of Phantom Hourglass from GameStop and the sticker on the thing is all sticky and ****ed up. I cleaned it off really well, but not so much that it's not sticky at all (it's only sticky a little, it won't even stay on your finger). I put it in my 3DS afterwards and it had a little trouble getting out of the system, but not too much trouble. If I were to put that into my 3DS, would it mess up the inside of the system itself?
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2x_stevey_xPosted 7/13/2013 3:31:11 AM
did you try wiping the residue with a q tip and rubbing alcohol? that always removes sticker residue from my used games in about a minute
#3Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 3:32:00 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
did you try wiping the residue with a q tip and rubbing alcohol? that always removes sticker residue from my used games in about a minute

Yeah. It's pretty good now, but I'm still concerned.
---
#4x_stevey_xPosted 7/13/2013 3:41:31 AM(edited)
i can't really answer your question as i would never stick anything that's still sticky into my system. i would think that the sticky residue could in theory get stuck inside the system and make it harder to read cartridges or insert/remove them. if i was unable to get the residue off completely i would go back and get a refund . not worth damaging a 200$ system over saving a few bucks on a used game. just my personal opinion . always inspect the game first before you agree to buy it. some used games can not only have sticker residue but filthy contacts, scratches, bite marks, excessive rattling inside, etc. a surprising amount of people treat their games like crap before they pawn them off. luckily gamestop is good with returns.
#5Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 3:42:47 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
i can't really answer your question as i would never stick anything that's still sticky into my system. i would think that the sticky residue could in theory get stuck inside the system and make it harder to read cartridges or insert/remove them. if i was unable to get the residue off completely i would go back and get a refund . not worth damaging a 200$ system over saving a few bucks on a used game. just my personal opinion . always inspect the game first before you agree to buy it. some used games can not only have sticker residue but filthy contacts, scratches, bite marks, excessive rattling inside, etc. a surprising amount of people treat their games like crap before they pawn them off. luckily gamestop is good with returns.

I got the game like, a year ago at GameStop, though. I just never got around to playing it. Maybe I should just get another copy of the game?
---