Never really played Zelda, which to try first?

#1MR_NONSTOPPosted 7/13/2013 3:40:48 PM
I know the obvious answer is the first in the series, but has it aged well? Is there another game that's more accessible. The only time I touched a zelda game was when I rented Majora's Mask as a kid and I didn't enjoy it. I was expecting something different at the time.

Right now I have 10.00 extra left over from another download so I thought that would be a good option.

I see these available:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX
Zelda II
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 0576-4438-2528
#2masterplumPosted 7/13/2013 3:41:25 PM
Seasons
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/13/2013 3:43:00 PM
Link's Awakening DX is my pick. You kinda want to get Seasons and Ages together and Link's Awakening DX is a single game in the same style, so I'd go with that first.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4MR_NONSTOP(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 3:49:12 PM
After watching the videos, I am sorta leaning towards Link's Awakening DX. It's from the same system as seasons/ages but standalone.
---
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/13/2013 3:53:21 PM
MR_NONSTOP posted...
After watching the videos, I am sorta leaning towards Link's Awakening DX. It's from the same system as seasons/ages but standalone.

Go for it. It's not only about the convenience, it's also a magnificent game with great atmosphere. My favorite Zelda game and I've played all of them. :-)
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6MR_NONSTOP(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 4:04:54 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
MR_NONSTOP posted...

Go for it. It's not only about the convenience, it's also a magnificent game with great atmosphere. My favorite Zelda game and I've played all of them. :-)

Thank you, it's downloading right now.
---
#7Lord_FroodPosted 7/13/2013 6:26:06 PM
Good thing you're playing the GB(C) games first. After playing LttP, I can't stand the controls on the GB. They're all good games, but the lack of trigger buttons is a major downer.
Regardless, have fun with it! It's a pretty good game and an interesting one for Zelda; lots of cameos.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#8RocketZXbluePosted 7/14/2013 3:40:09 PM
yeah I like LTTP a LOT more than the GBC games.
but go for links awakening, it's the GBC one right?
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#9itis41269Posted 7/14/2013 3:45:07 PM
If you never really played any zelda games id recommend Seasons to play first but awakening is just as good
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
I've secretly always wanted to ride in a Kangaroo pouch
#10WickedSickJoshPosted 7/14/2013 3:45:58 PM
MR_NONSTOP posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
MR_NONSTOP posted...

Thank you, it's downloading right now.

Good choice. It's definitely the best start for a Zelda beginner. It's fun and you're not overwhelmed with so many side-quests or item upgrades to get distracted.
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOA (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh