Just bought a 3ds... What should I get?

#1jacobkisnerPosted 7/13/2013 5:57:26 PM
I just bought a 3ds. I have animal crossing for it because it came with the bundle, but I'm not sure ill be too interested in it. I'm interested in fire emblem and kingdom hearts. What games would you recommend?

Are there any good metroid games? What about Zelda (besides ocarina of time)?

If it helps I'm a 20 year old man, I've been gaming for all my life. I own all current systems but the wii u, and I've played all of the multiplatform games that I'm interested in on my Vita.

Thanks guys, I look forward to being a part of the 3ds board!
---
PSN: J-Kisner
#2jedinatPosted 7/13/2013 6:01:02 PM
Sequel to Link to the Past comes out later this year.

Some of the basics include Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion 2...
#3vu_cometPosted 7/13/2013 6:01:59 PM
Everything!
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?
#4melchiahdimPosted 7/13/2013 6:03:24 PM
Fire Emblem and Kingdom Hearts are both great, I recommend them highly. Zelda wise, the sequel to Link to the Past is coming out (the title escapes me right now). And you can get lots of older titles on the Eshop. Sadly no Metroid games have been announced yet, though Metroid and Metroid 2 are on the Eshop.

I suggest you also check out kid Icarus uprising
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5CcroybbPosted 7/13/2013 6:09:37 PM
If you like Kingdom Hearts, you should try Tales of the Abyss. It's a Japanese-made Action RPG, and it's my favorite game on the 3DS. If you're interested in Fire Emblem, you should also try SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked.
---
The ideal 8th Generation console combination: 3DS, Wii U, and PS4
#6Last VampirePosted 7/13/2013 6:37:59 PM
A refund! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAHHAA

Tales of the Abyss.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#7DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/13/2013 6:44:53 PM
If you're getting Fire Emblem, you should also pick up Shin Megami Tensei IV.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#8MereMarePosted 7/13/2013 9:07:15 PM(edited)
Zero Escape: 9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (sequel to the game above) - if you don't already have it on the Vita
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#9LinkIII_IsBackPosted 7/13/2013 9:51:17 PM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has absolutely insane amounts of content, I'm 70 hours in and still not close to being done. My favorite 3DS game by far.

Kid Icarus Uprising is lots of fun and incredibly charming, if you can get past the controls. I personally found them to be just fine, but I've seen a lot of complaining about them, so.../shrug

And like folks have said, there's a sequel to A Link to the Past coming out later this year to scratch your Zelda itch.
---
3DS FC: 1160-9739-5944
#10AlbinoGerbilPosted 7/13/2013 10:16:56 PM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
If you're getting Fire Emblem, you should also pick up Shin Megami Tensei IV.

These and MH3U, EO IV, AC: NL, TotA, LoZ:OoT are all good.
Also coming soon Rune Factory 4, Pokemon X&Y, Batman Arkham Origins, Mario and Luigi, Bravely Default and so on.
---
3DS FC: 3781-0310-6225 (If you add me let me know so I can add you)