Help me decide which among these 3 CN rewards I should get

#1QuantumWolfPosted 7/15/2013 3:26:58 AM
Super Smash Bros 64, Zelda: Link's Awakening, or Majora's Mask OST? - Results (50 votes)
SSB
10% (5 votes)
Zelda: Link's Awakening
26% (13 votes)
Majora's Mask OST
64% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
After some VERY heavy thinking and deciding the pros and cons (About 3 minutes), I've narrowed it down to three.

The original Smash Bros is very tempting. I never really played the first one (Having came in during the Brawl days). But I'm more primarily a 3DS gamer now and less on consoles. If this was for 3DS and not for the Wii, I'd select this one no problem. Plus, I don't have others to play it with.

Link's Awakening is perhaps the only Zelda game I tried to fully play as a kid (I got stuck at certain point and just gave it up). While it does save me the trouble of having to buy an eshop card, it's not a game that I REALLY want to get. Plus, I'm not that huge of a Zelda fan to begin with. This would even be more troublesome for...

..the Majora's Mask OST. This is the only Platinum Reward on here and is obviously meant to be the "big" one for this CN year. But like I said, I'm not much of a Zelda fan, I never played Majora's Mask. While I may get the OST, it probably will only be listened to once, then just sit and rot on my shelf.

What to do, what to do...
---
3DS FC: 2878-9920-4061
#2JKSonicPosted 7/15/2013 3:38:59 AM
Honestly, I feel like NONE of us should take either of the plat-only rewards to send Nintendo a message that they are (and were last year too) absolute BS and we wont' take it any more. We watch Japan get cool stuff both in the plat rewards and regular Club prizes all the time and we don't even get the scraps. It's like NOA completely doesn't get who their American audience is. Out of all the people I know that own a 3DS only one is a kid, the rest are adults (and yes I know a lot of kids). At the very least they could offer one more "adult" prize (maybe a downloadable game you can't get anywhere else, or maybe a cool keepsake or something to display on your desk) and one more "kiddie" one (like posters).
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#3retrogamer28Posted 7/15/2013 3:49:09 AM
I'd say either the OST or LA DX. Since you have the system for brawl and the 3ds is getting a smash game you don't really need the original, LA DX is a classic, and the MM OST may be a way to gauge interest in MM 3D.
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls
#4Primum_MobilePosted 7/15/2013 3:55:37 AM
tough choice indeed, but mostly because they would all be mediocre for you.

SSB is no fun w/o people to play against, which seems to be the case for you. It's about as fun to play as SF2 when the first SF you play is SF4.

LA is probably your best bet, but it's a 2D zelda, and they are kind of blend for me, since I didn't play them when I was small, so i don't have nostalgic glass to pretty them up.

MM OST might be worth something, and i mean that in the monetary sense. Get that then sell it on ebay. Should fetch you at least $10, if not $20.

overall.... I'll vote for LA.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#5pokemega32Posted 7/15/2013 4:22:24 AM
JKSonic posted...
We watch Japan get cool stuff both in the plat rewards and regular Club prizes all the time and we don't even get the scraps.

Japan gave out the playing cards and a Pikmin bag last year.

Their Platinum rewards suck too.

Stop overreacting about what they think of their audience.

They release cheaper prizes because there are more Platinum members every year and they can't afford to give every one of them a statue.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#6Starwars4JPosted 7/15/2013 4:30:57 AM
JKSonic posted...
Honestly, I feel like NONE of us should take either of the plat-only rewards to send Nintendo a message that they are (and were last year too) absolute BS and we wont' take it any more. We watch Japan get cool stuff both in the plat rewards and regular Club prizes all the time and we don't even get the scraps. It's like NOA completely doesn't get who their American audience is. Out of all the people I know that own a 3DS only one is a kid, the rest are adults (and yes I know a lot of kids). At the very least they could offer one more "adult" prize (maybe a downloadable game you can't get anywhere else, or maybe a cool keepsake or something to display on your desk) and one more "kiddie" one (like posters).

Wow. You heard it here first, folks! Posters are kiddie.

Do people even read what they type before they submit it? *facepalm*
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7bandit_wolfPosted 7/15/2013 4:47:04 AM
I agree the items suck. I want a physical item, so that only leaves posters and a soundtrack of a game I'm not as interested in.
---
PS Deputy & Dex Filler__Jobs:DCCXX+
Gen 5 [wolfman] [1851-1357-0791] Find all 649 Legit Pokemon at the Pawn Shop
#8QuantumWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 4:49:51 AM
I'm starting to lean towards the OST.

While it's true I'm not a Zelda fan, it's still a unique item, and I could always sell it to somebody who could cherish it more. I do have a friend who's a hard core Zelda fan, maybe he'd want it.

Or it could be hit up on Ebay. How much could it go for?
---
3DS FC: 2878-9920-4061