Anyone else feeling very disappointed by the Gold/Platinum rewards this year?

#71MatelitePosted 7/18/2013 9:58:52 AM
I'm actually happy. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, and possibly my favorite game of all time. I missed getting the OST back in 2000. I wanted it, but couldn't find a way to get it.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#72AnalyticalGamerPosted 7/18/2013 10:08:36 AM
dextorboot posted...
AnalyticalGamer posted...

This.

It's true that I would've bought the games anyway, but the rewards this year clearly weren't worth my time. Had I known the Platinum rewards were this bad, I wouldn't have bothered filling out surveys and registering my games.

So you don't use the coins to get anything either?

Not anymore.

Occasionally I'd find something worth getting (Game Card case or some exclusive trinket). However, the physical reward selection recently is abysmal. From now on, I'll register my games if there's a reward I want to get, but I don't see the point in going for Platinum anymore.
#73NightRainPosted 7/18/2013 10:13:50 AM(edited)
Very disappointed.
I knew there was going to be some free games, finally... but even the free game choices are lame...
And Platinum only rewards are incredibly lame. Posters and a soundtrack? Really?
Posters are cool... when it's about games that you like.
Wind Waker: I own the game, I finished it but i'm not a fan of it. Luigi: The only poster I care about. Pikmin: I don't like Pikmin.
Majora's Mask soundtrack: i'm not a fan of MM.
Gold rewards: Smash Bros (N64): Played this game to death back in the day... I barely play games on my Wii now... WarioWare DIY: I don't care about WarioWare. Link's Awakening DX: Good game but I owned the Gameboy version back in the day.. finished it... Super Mario Land: Good game but I don't want that as a reward... that Samurai game: I don't care.

So I picked Link's Awakening DX because it's IMO the best choice for me and I never owned the DX version...
Come on Nintendo... nothing will beat that epic Mario Bros. characters statue from 3 or 4 years ago... which I couldn't get!! ARGH!! I was only 50 points or something away from Platinum on that year... :(
---
To be a sage means only to be rich in knowledge.
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#74MatelitePosted 7/18/2013 10:22:49 AM
NightRain posted...
Very disappointed.
I knew there was going to be some free games, finally... but even the free game choices are lame...
And Platinum only rewards are incredibly lame. Posters and a soundtrack? Really?
Posters are cool... when it's about games that you like.
Wind Waker: I own the game, I finished it but i'm not a fan of it. Luigi: The only poster I care about. Pikmin: I don't like Pikmin.
Majora's Mask soundtrack: i'm not a fan of MM.
Gold rewards: Smash Bros (N64): Played this game to death back in the day... I barely play games on my Wii now... WarioWare DIY: I don't care about WarioWare. Link's Awakening DX: Good game but I owned the Gameboy version back in the day.. finished it... Super Mario Land: Good game but I don't want that as a reward... that Samurai game: I don't care.

So I picked Link's Awakening DX because it's IMO the best choice for me and I never owned the DX version...
Come on Nintendo... nothing will beat that epic Mario Bros. characters statue from 3 or 4 years ago... which I couldn't get!! ARGH!! I was only 50 points or something away from Platinum on that year... :(

Man. You spent all that on a $5 reward. That DOES suck. I mean the soundtrack is only $20 or so, so it's not that much better for having spent $600 on Nintendo Products. But at least that's not readily available to me all other times.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#75SMASHKING84Posted 7/18/2013 10:29:29 AM
um NO since when is a majora's mask ost a bad reward?
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9MqJH1oMs
#76Kromlech06Posted 7/18/2013 10:30:13 AM
Posting to say the reversible pouches fit a normal sized 3ds with the circle pad pro still attached, and a naked 3ds XL. Definitely the best use of coins around.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#77MatelitePosted 7/18/2013 10:30:42 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

That's how I feel. But think about it. That's a $20 reward for spending roughly $600.

Plus, not everyone are fans of MM. It happens to be one of my favorites, so I'm content with the reward, but think of how other people feel.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#78SMASHKING84Posted 7/18/2013 10:43:26 AM
Matelite posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

That's how I feel. But think about it. That's a $20 reward for spending roughly $600.

Plus, not everyone are fans of MM. It happens to be one of my favorites, so I'm content with the reward, but think of how other people feel.

rewards aren't supposed to be a 1:1 ratio...
besides you can get coins for playing freeware games (like how i got coins for playing the 20 ambassador games...)
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9MqJH1oMs
#79MatelitePosted 7/18/2013 10:47:54 AM(edited)
It'd be hard to amass 600 coins that way, though. You'd have to spend a substantial amount. And I know they're not a 1:1 ratio. But shouldn't they be better than 30:1? Meh. Or at least stuff that nobody else can get normally? Like the Ambassador games. I was happy with those because they are super exclusive. And I know these items are "exclusive", but the MM soundtrack was out in 2000- 13 years ago! And anyone can get Link's Awakening for $5 at any point.

Like I said, I'm ecstatic with this year's reward as MM is my favorite. But I can see where people might be disappointed.
---
HEH HEH HEH
#80JoeBudden42Posted 7/18/2013 10:58:39 AM
Yeah pretty terrible. I got Platinum and I still haven't picked anything out, I honestly don't want any of those things.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.