Anyone else feeling very disappointed by the Gold/Platinum rewards this year?

#81dextorbootPosted 7/18/2013 11:02:49 AM
AnalyticalGamer posted...
dextorboot posted...

This.

It's true that I would've bought the games anyway, but the rewards this year clearly weren't worth my time. Had I known the Platinum rewards were this bad, I wouldn't have bothered filling out surveys and registering my games.

So you don't use the coins to get anything either?

Not anymore.

Occasionally I'd find something worth getting (Game Card case or some exclusive trinket). However, the physical reward selection recently is abysmal. From now on, I'll register my games if there's a reward I want to get, but I don't see the point in going for Platinum anymore.

Wow. What a waste.

Kromlech06 posted...
Posting to say the reversible pouches fit a normal sized 3ds with the circle pad pro still attached, and a naked 3ds XL. Definitely the best use of coins around.

Indeed. I have both colors.
#82AnalyticalGamerPosted 7/18/2013 1:14:20 PM
dextorboot posted...
dextorboot posted...

This.

It's true that I would've bought the games anyway, but the rewards this year clearly weren't worth my time. Had I known the Platinum rewards were this bad, I wouldn't have bothered filling out surveys and registering my games.

So you don't use the coins to get anything either?

Not anymore.

Occasionally I'd find something worth getting (Game Card case or some exclusive trinket). However, the physical reward selection recently is abysmal. From now on, I'll register my games if there's a reward I want to get, but I don't see the point in going for Platinum anymore.

Wow. What a waste.

It's a waste to not spend coins on "rewards" I don't care about?
#83MegaMettaurPosted 7/18/2013 1:22:48 PM
lol @ People complaining about a completely optional service that they didn't even have to give rewards for. Seriously. The selection is amazing. You guys just expect way too much.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#84MegaMettaurPosted 7/18/2013 1:27:07 PM
adonfraz posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
hardy_83 posted...
it's a bonus

That means it's free.

Nope, being "free" means the consumer can get something without buying a product.

A "bonus" is getting something in addition to buying a product or products.

Nit-picky, but accurate.

except no purchase is required for coins. You can go around asking for pin codes for coins from people who won't use them, or at a game stop (because they open games and probably leave that pin code intact)
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#85WhenZebrasgobadPosted 7/18/2013 3:26:38 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
adonfraz posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
hardy_83 posted...
it's a bonus

That means it's free.

Nope, being "free" means the consumer can get something without buying a product.

A "bonus" is getting something in addition to buying a product or products.

Nit-picky, but accurate.

except no purchase is required for coins. You can go around asking for pin codes for coins from people who won't use them, or at a game stop (because they open games and probably leave that pin code intact)

When you fill out the survey for that code to actually give coins it assumes you bout it and then played it for post play. TOS wants you to actually own that game

Also dont use the lolsony gives nothing so dont complain excuse since at its core You still pay for these "free" things and PS+ gives outrageous value if you own both a vita and ps3, much higher than CN. Unless there is a network apocalypse and you cant renew your ps+ for a long time it doesnt matter right now, youd get eaten by zombies first anyway.

If you want to prove your point use microsoft as an example instead.(not intended for person I was quoting just general statement.
---
3ds fc. 4725 8055 8687
#86Northern_RosePosted 7/18/2013 3:49:01 PM
The perfect Platinum reward would have been to get the ambassador games but 3 posters or a sound track CD WTF? That was a total slap in the face. 3 posters for getting over 600 coins when you only get 160 coins for a new system. I mean WOW.

I know its free stuff and they don't got to give me a thing but for 500 coins I got 2 of the 18 game holding cases.That was a good gift. As was the reversible pouch. The game holding case or the pouch make the gold and platinum rewards look like a complete joke. Hell any of the regular rewards make this years G/P rewards look like crap.

I picked the CD but still, I wish I could have gotten another game case or something decent.

This years rewards didn't say "Thank you for being a loyal fan/customer". They said "Thanks for the money suckers".
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad." ~ Bad-Anon
3DS FC: 4210-5381-4799