I got U.A.E. as a new country in streetpass yesterday!

#1Linkz1Posted 7/15/2013 8:15:00 AM
I never saw this one before, so I went into the internet to see what it means. U.A.E. means United Arab Emirates. No map on this one and it must be a small country.
I also got 2 new regions: Alabama & Pennsylvania.

Did anyone get this country or other countries you won't normally see?
#2MrPoppadopolisPosted 7/15/2013 8:19:18 AM
I once got someone from Japan. The mii was all Japanese and spoke Japanese. Was cool.
---
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r
#3tranceaddict19Posted 7/15/2013 8:20:10 AM
wow please brush up on your geography, even as a small country UAE is one on the most affluent ME nations.

also they don't provide maps for countries like Brazil and Ireland don't know why but I wish nintendo can fix that.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#4nonexistingheroPosted 7/15/2013 8:21:28 AM
It's pretty high up on the rich countries list. Also, you might not have heard of the country before, but I'm sure you must've heard of the capital Dubai before.

Anyway, I don't know what decides whether you get a map or not. For most countries I don't get a map, but sometimes I do get a map.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5Linkz1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 8:23:28 AM
Canada has a map. I got Ontario once. I thought Japan has the map when I read the other topics.
#6Genericgamer667Posted 7/15/2013 8:24:34 AM
i got anguilla
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#7AdamantBMagePosted 7/15/2013 8:27:37 AM
Japan, USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Germany and France have had maps since day 1, Australia got a map with the v. 3.0 update.
All other countries have no map.
#8kalvadorPosted 7/15/2013 8:43:02 AM
From my last trip to Rome, I got :
Anguilla (1 region)
Belgium (no map)
France (4 differents regions)
Italy (1 region)
Spain (4 regions)
Sweden (no map)
Switzerland (no map)
United Kingdom (1 region)
United States (3 regions)
Japan (2 regions)

It was fun to get new countries since I only had Canada before this trip. :-)
This particular trip was a streetpass fest, every evening when I'd get back to my hotel, there was 10 streetpass for mii plaza!
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus
#9MotiJrPosted 7/15/2013 9:05:07 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
It's pretty high up on the rich countries list. Also, you might not have heard of the country before, but I'm sure you must've heard of the capital Dubai before.

Anyway, I don't know what decides whether you get a map or not. For most countries I don't get a map, but sometimes I do get a map.

Ummm I'm pretty certain Dubai is not the capital city of the UAE. It is Abu Dhabi as far as I am aware.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#10kalvadorPosted 7/15/2013 9:23:16 AM
MotiJr posted...
nonexistinghero posted...

Ummm I'm pretty certain Dubai is not the capital city of the UAE. It is Abu Dhabi as far as I am aware.

You are 100% right, Dubai the most populated town and is well knows for its architectural grandeur.
People often make this mistake, it's comparable to Australia's capital, most people don't know it.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus