Gamespot gives Shin Megami Tensei IV an 8.0.

#91HermeticJusticePosted 7/15/2013 9:09:18 PM
Compass posted...
SilverSlayer425 posted...
but please at least put an IMO if you are going to state an opinion

lol, why? Are you that insecure?

never understood that, obviously if you're posting something it's either an obvious fact or an obvious opinion
---
The Official Kerberos of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#92SigmaHacielPosted 7/15/2013 9:11:51 PM
The "issue" with the characters is hilarious when every main SMT has had the supporting cast be nothing more than conduits for the route choices.

Even with that, they feel more like real characters than the typical RPG will ever manage.
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#93ManuKesnaPosted 7/15/2013 9:13:46 PM
HOLY **** why do people care so much about a score? LOL
I still dont know if I am getting a game but an 8 is good enough
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#94CompassPosted 7/15/2013 9:14:11 PM
HermeticJustice posted...
Compass posted...
but please at least put an IMO if you are going to state an opinion

lol, why? Are you that insecure?

never understood that, obviously if you're posting something it's either an obvious fact or an obvious opinion

Exactly. People who demand everyone reassert obvious opinions as such at every turn are deeply insecure, needing constant reassurance they aren't technically "wrong" in liking whatever crappy thing they like.
#95HermeticJusticePosted 7/15/2013 9:25:18 PM
Baha05 posted...
kenff6 posted...
Maybe because you're only focusing on mediocre RPGs

8 isn't mediocre though. A 6 is a mediocre score, and 8 is a good score.

Strange Journey got that by gamespot and it was a pretty good game
---
The Official Kerberos of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#96malfionPosted 7/15/2013 9:28:49 PM
5/10 in my opinion is an average game. 6 is slightly better than than, 7 is good, 8 is great. 9 is almost perfect with minor flaws and 10 is perfect with no flaws. The industry has changed now and 7s seem to be the lowest a game could get, otherwise its trash.

I've played many <5/10 games and they deserved higher and vice versa.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#97RPGNinja123Posted 7/15/2013 9:31:48 PM(edited)
RPGNinja123 posted...
8 is a terrible score from Gamespot when they have given:

Banjo Tooie - 9.6

Halo 3 - 9.5

... but when compared to their other awful reviews ...

Ummmm Halo 3 scored really high on many websites, not just gamespot, and for banjo tooie, i actually quite enjoyed it, just a simple, cute, 3D platformer that has a lot more depth than what is on the surface

if it isn't your cup of tea then i am not going to berate you, but please at least put an IMO if you are going to state an opinion

You know what else got really high scores on many websites? The most recent CoDs. What the hell does that have anything to do with a game being good or not?

Thanks for proving my point. I don't need an IMO because its a fact, the game isn't that good. The majority of people who play those games do it for the multiplayer and interactivity. Not because its a good game.

And the latest iteration of each of those games in the series it just an excuse to make yourself feel like you are getting a brand new game.

Also you clearly don't realize that a lot of sites get paid to give higher scores.
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#98Rurouni720Posted 7/15/2013 9:33:11 PM
That's quite surprising, given how i expected a lower score that reflects on how it's "not Persona 3/4-esque with a dash of social links". This (laughable) image comes to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/a7yuDhR.jpg
#99LeoOrnstienPosted 7/15/2013 9:34:40 PM
The amount of stupidity here is ridiculous.
#100DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/15/2013 9:41:32 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
That's quite surprising, given how i expected a lower score that reflects on how it's "not Persona 3/4-esque with a dash of social links". This (laughable) image comes to mind.

http://i.imgur.com/a7yuDhR.jpg

Taken from actual reviews and comments.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma