Questions about Club Nintendo?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 7/15/2013 9:52:56 PM
Can't believe I didn't do this years ago, but I signed up for Club Nintendo and have some 1100 points after registering all my games and hardware. I'm platinum, and I'm wondering if I use my coins to the point where I'm under 600 coins, will I lose my platinum status? Also, what exactly does platinum do?
---
3DS: 4124-4997-6171
The official Loki of Amazon.com.
#2TcidenebTPosted 7/15/2013 9:55:50 PM
No you wont lose your status, at the end of a club Nintendo year you get a choice between different rewards only available to people of those statuses. The year goes from July 1st to June 30th
#3ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 9:56:43 PM
So I can't claim any of the current prizes? I have to wait a whole year?
---
#4Dark_Link604Posted 7/15/2013 9:56:58 PM
Once you reach platinum, spending the coins doesn't make you not platinum. You do lose your platinum status after one Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) so you have to restart from no status on July 1, 2014.

Being platinum gets you a yearly reward from Nintendo. As you might as seen from the boards, the reward just got released today. You don't have to spend any points to get them.

From the sounds of it, you used all 1100 points at once though when you only needed 600 to reach platinum. You could have saved 500 points and registered them for next year.
#5Monkmaster79Posted 7/15/2013 9:57:26 PM
You should have only registered enough games to get to platinum status, unless there was something you wanted to use the coins for. Codes don't expire but coins do after 2 years. You don't lose your status if you use your coins.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#6TcidenebTPosted 7/15/2013 9:58:03 PM
ponyseizures posted...
So I can't claim any of the current prizes? I have to wait a whole year?

yep you have to wait until next year
#7ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 9:58:59 PM
Dark_Link604 posted...
Once you reach platinum, spending the coins doesn't make you not platinum. You do lose your platinum status after one Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30) so you have to restart from no status on July 1, 2014.

Being platinum gets you a yearly reward from Nintendo. As you might as seen from the boards, the reward just got released today. You don't have to spend any points to get them.

From the sounds of it, you used all 1100 points at once though when you only needed 600 to reach platinum. You could have saved 500 points and registered them for next year.

I haven't touched the coins yet. I just want to get a platinum prize, but I keep getting the "Sorry!" message.
---
#8Dark_Link604Posted 7/15/2013 10:00:20 PM
ponyseizures posted...
Dark_Link604 posted...

I haven't touched the coins yet. I just want to get a platinum prize, but I keep getting the "Sorry!" message.

Yeah it's too late if you want the prizes everyone is talking about (posters, MM soundtrack, etc.)
#9ponyseizures(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 10:03:43 PM
Bah, what a waste.
---
#10Primum_MobilePosted 7/15/2013 10:08:28 PM
o boy, let me break this to you slowly.

your club nintendo status is determined by how many coins you have earn during a club nintendo year. How much coin you actually have doesn't matter. So once you earned 600 coins within a CN year, you will be in platinum status regardless of how many coin you actually have at the end of the cn year.
The benefit of Platinum is you get to choose from additional year-end gift compare w/ gold member. This year the platinum member can choose 3 mini posters set or majora's mask OST in addition to what the gold member can choose.

But, your CN status resets in the new cn year, and you'll have to earn 600 more coins next year to qualify for next year's platinum status.
But your coin will be good for 2 CN year. To be specific, The coin will expire at the end of 2nd CN year it sees, so any coin earned within this CN year will be good until June 30, 2015.

By now you should realize, there's little reason to earn more than 600 coins per year, as the additional coin earned this year won't help you achieve platinum status next year. So special circumstances aside, it's better to hold off registration for any coin that you will earn pass the 600 mark.
The special circumstances are: 10 extra coins for registering a game w/in 4 weeks of its release, and digital content that auto-register itself. Survey has expiration date, and if you don't answer the survey before the expiration date, you lose your chance to earn the coin.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)