Anyone else disappointed with the Platinum rewards?

#1Second_HokagePosted 7/16/2013 3:43:12 AM
I think that Nintendo isn't taking Platinum status seriously, at least as serious as we take it. Reaching platinum symbolizes strong loyalty to Nintendo first party products, however it seems that Nintendo doesn't show enough appreciation. Only true, die hard fans of Nintendo reach platinum status, and its us platinum achievers that feel let down by Nintendo right now. The reason we like the MM CD is because its the only good option, not because it was something that we've wanted. Its the year of Luigi... Why oh why didn't they give us something Luigi related as an option? This baffels me.

If Nintendo doesn't take platinum status prizes seriously, then there is no point reaching it. Don't just hastily give us something random. Nintendo needs to make the platinum rewards mean something, something that reminds us of why we love Nintendo as a whole, not something that reminds us of a particular game. Honestly, many of us didn't even play MM, so why do we care about a CD containing music of it?

inb4entitlement
#2n00bsaib0tPosted 7/16/2013 4:18:10 AM
You couldn't have just added your opinion to one of the other 15 threads? Get over it, if you don't like the free things go buy a Vita. Sony wont give you anything for free, so you shouldn't have anything to complain about.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#3x_stevey_xPosted 7/16/2013 4:41:47 AM
Second_Hokage posted...
Only true, die hard fans of Nintendo reach platinum status,

lol what? i got to platinum without even trying . i'm thankful for my FREE gifts. it's not like a paid club or something.
#4373SneakPosted 7/16/2013 4:49:37 AM
If you don't like platinum you could gift me Links Awakening, I was gold but didn't get the prizes :(
#5stargazer64Posted 7/16/2013 5:00:47 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
You couldn't have just added your opinion to one of the other 15 threads? Get over it, if you don't like the free things go buy a Vita. Sony wont give you anything for free, so you shouldn't have anything to complain about.

The 4 free PSP games they gave out earlier this year beg to differ.

And they routinely give you a 'free' $10 ps store credit for spending $50 on the store.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#6esoteric42Posted 7/16/2013 6:23:24 AM
Best thing about Club Nintendo is that they give you free games to choose from each month.

Best reward I got all year was the 18 3DS game case.

3 posters or a CD?

I don't even own a CD player anymore. Everything is digital.

Some creativity in the rewards would be appreciated.

I'll probably get the posters, as I already have all of the games they are offering.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#7teamaquashockPosted 7/16/2013 7:11:27 AM
Although I'm not complaining, WHAT I THINK IS All their rewards are become less expensive because there's so many members getting Platinum.

Think about it guys, they're giving you these things for free. So it must cost them a lot just to give them to you guys. Think about it.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#8PressRestartPosted 7/16/2013 7:13:31 AM
esoteric42 posted...
Best thing about Club Nintendo is that they give you free games to choose from each month.

Best reward I got all year was the 18 3DS game case.

3 posters or a CD?

I don't even own a CD player anymore. Everything is digital.

Some creativity in the rewards would be appreciated.

I'll probably get the posters, as I already have all of the games they are offering.

Pretty sure all current gen consoles can play CD's, hold the Wii (or Wii U).
You also obviously have a computer.
Put the CD on the computer and take the music, transfer it to your phone/ MP3 player, sell the disc.
---
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.
#9dextorbootPosted 7/16/2013 7:14:02 AM
Second_Hokage posted...
I think that Nintendo isn't taking Platinum status seriously, at least as serious as we take it.

Why so serious? This is the problem right here. You're taking it too serious.
#10JoeHigashi2000Posted 7/16/2013 7:53:48 AM(edited)
No. Nintendo doesn't HAVE to do anything like this for us and actually hasn't for quite sometime outside of JP until a good while after the program was successful in JP.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210