Is anyone else bothered by the dominance of in-game tutorials?

#11BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/16/2013 1:44:59 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
The best way to make someone understand something is to have them do it themselves. Same as real life.

True. But there is a small percentage of people (like me) who still read the manual that comes in the case with the game.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#12fallenKlNGPosted 7/16/2013 1:53:06 PM
No, I think it's great. Although I always read the manuals, it helps to have a tutorial that teaches you as you're doing things. It's the best way to learn imo. Also, I use Gamefly so none of my games come with manuals so I really need the in-game tutorials for my PS3 games that don't have digital manuals.

I said earlier that I always read manuals, but that's only for the games that I actually buy.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#13Genericgamer667Posted 7/16/2013 4:53:11 PM
this is why they exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#14Crysis121Posted 7/16/2013 10:27:56 PM
I prefer it when games didn't hold your hand:

Your given a game and a manual. . you got everything you will need. Or if the game features a tutorial all by it's self (like the game Warzone 2100, had a tutorial level, but wasn't always included into the game when ever you started a new game)

Not: The first entire level is a tutorial and tells you EVERYTHING that there is to know, and if you start a new game, you must go through it again, sure you can turn off the pop=ups/windows, but you still have to do the level.
---
GMC
3DS (1032-1284-5147): Gene
#15BuretsuPosted 7/16/2013 10:29:19 PM
I was fine with it until the tutorial spanked me and made me call it 'Master'...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#16pbayne22Posted 7/16/2013 10:29:55 PM
playing dream team at the minute and the tutorials are incredibly annoying.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic but there should be an option to turn off tutorials.
#17ecco6t9Posted 7/16/2013 10:35:05 PM
A too long tutorial can and has made me shelve or sell a game.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#18MegaMettaurPosted 7/16/2013 10:35:44 PM
Yeah. The tutorial that bothers me the most is this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-sLSA9DTY

The battle system only changes from 1-2 and from 3-4. They didn't need to keep it in for the rest of the games, or at least allow you to skip them
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#19BuretsuPosted 7/16/2013 10:41:16 PM
MegaMettaur posted...

The battle system only changes from 1-2 and from 3-4. They didn't need to keep it in for the rest of the games, or at least allow you to skip them

Well, they can't really count on people having played the previous games and avoid a tutorial altogether. An option to skip would be ideal.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#20MegaMettaurPosted 7/16/2013 10:53:39 PM
Buretsu posted...
MegaMettaur posted...

Well, they can't really count on people having played the previous games and avoid a tutorial altogether. An option to skip would be ideal.

True. I meant to actually say that they didn't need to be required for the rest of the games. ( I think they even make you do the SAME fight in the Star Force series in all 3 games.)
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2